At Sweet, we’re building a modern phone service. We take on big problems in a complicated industry to make staying connected a bit more affordable for everyone.
Sweet is partnered with the nation’s largest networks and has raised more than $7M in venture capital funding from investors like 8VC, Rise of the Rest, and Betaworks. We’re a distributed team of modern technologists that came from top consumer internet companies like WordPress, Facebook, and Mailchimp.
About The Role:
Sweet is looking for an experienced Director of Marketing to join our leadership team, driving our core mobile acquisition. You’ll be responsible for managing our marketing budget to drive installs and optimize funnels for our mobile app using various paid acquisition channels. Reporting to the CEO, you’ll work closely with the Product team to design and implement regular experiments, growing our subscriber base in the process.
- Build and develop a multi-channel strategy to drive sustained and growing user acquisition
- Build and manage a marketing team, which will include contractors, full-time employees, and marketing agencies
- Coordinate with internal/external teams to develop and optimize ad creative
- Ideate, test, iterate and optimize growth via paid acquisition, retargeting, and product optimizations across web and native-app growth channels
- Scale monthly marketing budget from $20k to $100k
- Manage strategic acquisition partners, media strategy, and audience messaging
- Constantly develop new channels, creative assets and other ideas for experimentation, optimization and acquisition growth
- Provide regular reporting on progress towards key milestones and risks
- Work with other internal teams in developing analytical tools, technology, and processes to drive efficiency across the Growth Team and company as a whole
Required Skills and Experience:
- 4+ years' of relevant acquisition marketing experience growing a significant mobile customer base
- 2+ years’ experience being responsible for a business line, P&L, or otherwise managing a team with revenue goals
- An execution-oriented mindset - with the humility, drive, and scrappiness to get it done
- Experience identifying, tracking, and reporting KPIs with tools like Mixpanel
- Strong copywriting and marketing communication skills
- An eye for marketing design with extensive experience providing creative direction for acquisition assets
- Experience with best practice in general management functions (hiring, performance reviews, one-on-one’s, etc.)
- Well versed in core concepts related to performance marketing including data analysis, partner management, campaign targeting, bidding, A/B tests, pivot tables, NPS and more
- Familiar with how to incorporate the latest digital marketing trends & tools
- Strong understanding of the financial principles of running a mobile subscription business, including CAC, MRR, LTV, etc.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Access to talent for hire that you’ve worked with in the past
- Experience designing and implementing SMS lifecycle campaigns
- Worked and thrived in a remote team environment
- Remote Team with quarterly meetups
- Benefits like Medical, 401(k), and Unlimited PTO
- Reimbursements for select office supplies, like monitors
If this role feels right for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet 100% of the description or qualifications.