Location: Flexibility to work from regional home office.
Are you an organized and highly motivated writer looking to get into a fast-growing software company? Do you want an endless supply of topic research and writing materials to craft exciting stories? Are you interested in working in communications for a team that’s been featured in Wired, NPR, Fast Company, and countless conferences? We’re looking for a hardworking and ambitious communications specialist to help us across a wide variety of projects within a highly successful team.
About the Position
The Communications Specialist will work within the revenue operations team, and will report to the Director of Marketing. We are a fast-paced team that juggles many projects at once, from SDR campaigns to ABM, to thought leadership. In joining our rapidly growing local government SaaS startup you will need to become immersed in the short-term vacation rental phenomenon so you can quickly talk to its challenges via content towards different personas within local governments across North America.
You’ll be working closely with the Chief Revenue Officer/Co-founder, Director of Marketing, and Demand Generation Specialist to write effective conversion emails, edit content, create ad copy, and ensure brand and voice consistency across all of our content. You’ll dissipate content across owned channels, such as Twitter and Facebook, and enable key channel strategies such as conferences, digital events, and ongoing lead generation programs with excellent wordsmithing. You’ll help to get individuals to understand a complicated problem, and guide them into becoming fully invested in finding a solution.
9,000 articles around short-term rentals in the United States were written last year. With that much chatter, the possibilities of stories around how Host Compliance helps local government is near infinite. If you’re excited about this, check out the rest of the job description, and apply!
This role can be performed from home as long as you have access to a professional work environment and a fast internet connection.
- Become a Host Compliance communication expert across new content, editing content, the customer journey, and third-party references
- Create content based on the brand’s voice and the content strategy
- Maintain consistency across all outside facing written work
- Create assets from assets, such as emails, case studies, webinars, etc.
- Work with outside vendors as necessary
- Edit vendor-written content for brand voice consistency and quality assurance
- Update modularized presentation decks depending on audience and topic presented
- Assist the sales team in creating customized content for opportunities in the pipeline
- Create account-based assets
- Research regional wording and insert it into promotions and assets
- Create ad copy
- Assist our team in creating their thought leadership brand
- Manage and monitor our key social media platforms
- Assist in the writing of sales material across the customer journey, from lead generation to solution seeking to advocacy
- Passion for technology and becoming an expert in your field
- Entrepreneurial at heart and ability to flourish in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- You naturally share ideas and never lose sight that you are part of a team
- Enthusiasm for change and a drive for innovation
- Love working systematically and following detailed procedures
- Keeps track of critical details and maintains quality control
- Are able to be self-organizing, and also able to follow project guidelines
- You show ambition in your career, and how you approach problems
- Your detail-oriented, and noticed we should have used “you’re”
- A specialist who can be a generalist
- 1 - 3 years of B2B or reporting writing experience
- Ability to adjust writing and tone to company voice
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma (Marketing, Communications, or Journalism preferred, also accepting part-time students in similar programs)
Bonus Points for
- Local government experience
- Experience working with, or in, a high functioning B2B sales team
- Graphic design experience
We have thought a lot about who fits well on the team, and designed a unique process to help highlight a great fit. We care a lot about innate skills, attitudes and work ethic. Our hiring process reflect this, and to find the perfect candidate we will test every candidate on the actual skills required to do the job successfully. Each test will require only a small time commitment from you, and we will only ask you to do additional tests if you pass the prior tests. This way we won’t waste your time, while making sure that you are the perfect match for the job.
About Host Compliance
is a privately held tech company. Our vision is a world in which the sharing economy works for everyone. We seek to contribute to this by being the leading independent and trusted third party that local governments can turn to for data, tools and impartial advice on how to adopt and enforce Airbnb-style short-term rental related local rules that best serve the needs of all constituents in their communities. You can learn more about us from these new stories in the Wall Street Journal
, CNN and Fox News.
The team behind Host Compliance consist of an experienced group of data scientists, engineers and business people with backgrounds from Caltech, Harvard, and McKinsey. The company is profitable and it has grown extremely rapidly since launching out of Stealth mode in Q2 2016.
Come join us! If you’re up for unlimited career growth opportunities and a career-changing role, wed love to chat! Please include in your application your resume, references and a cover letter demonstrating why you’d be a great fit for Host Compliance.
Please complete the application form (select the Apply button) to apply. Only candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
HOST COMPLIANCE, LLC
1037 NE 65th St #81158
Seattle, WA 98115