Job Title: Business Development Representative (full time or part time)
Location: Remote Office / Work from Home
Manager: Vice President, Sales and Marketing
FurstPerson helps customers achieve better performance and profitability by developing, implementing, and managing pre-hire talent selection solutions designed to improve the quality of hire. The unique blend of high-touch consultation, advanced technology, measurement accuracy, and employment lifecycle analytics enables FurstPerson to build innovative, award-winning solutions that deliver an average $32:1 return on investment.
About this role:
We are looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to join our team. This is a crucial role responsible for managing and organizing the initial prospect contact, gather and document needs, and position FurstPerson as a solution that can help the prospect improve their quality of hire. As a BDR, you will seek new business opportunities by contacting potential customers through a variety of sources (e.g., LinkedIn, cold calls, event lists, content downloads).
A successful BDR should have previous experience in lead generation and entry-level sales. This role requires strong communication skills and a “hunter” mentality. If you are motivated and results-driven, we’d like to meet you.
As BDR, you will be responsible for the following activities:
- Act as a “hunter” to prospect for potential customers,
- Present FurstPerson to potential customers, positioning FurstPerson’s value proposition persuasively, both verbally and in writing,
- Qualify leads as sales opportunities,
- Set up meetings between prospect and Enterprise Sales team,
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market,
- Report to VP of Sales on weekly results.
As a BDR, you will:
- Serve as a brand enthusiast for FurstPerson’s suite of products and solutions,
- Develop Enterprise-level sales skills through ongoing training,
- Develop knowledge and expertise in pre-hire assessment and talent identification,
- Learn how to manage complex sales cycles, and
- Contribute to FurstPerson’s advancement through ideas, collaboration, and results.
Individuals who demonstrate success in the BDR role may have the opportunity advance into an Enterprise Sales role with FurstPerson.
Successful Candidate(s) will Possess:
- Background in entry-level sales, account management, business development or a similar role
- Demonstrable history of achieving quota-based milestones,
- Hands-on experience with sales techniques (including cold calling or prospecting)
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills,
- Excellent professional networking skills,
- Ability to transfer prospects to sales team seamlessly,
- Proficiency with Microsoft® Word®, and Outlook®,
- Willingness to travel to support sales opportunities and events,
- Hubspot CRM experience preferred, but not required,
- BS or BA Degree, or relevant work history.