Director of Business Development (Remote) at DockYard, Inc.
DockYard is hiring a Director of Business Development to lead our next phase of growth in the web application development space. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone interested in joining a professional services consultancy comprised of top-tier talent on the forefront of new tech. We work with some of the world’s largest brands (i.e., Apple, Cars.com, Netflix) to design and develop custom apps.
We help ambitious companies transform new ideas into fully deployed web applications. Our clients range from seed funded and early stage startups, who depend on us to define and deliver business-critical workflows, to established enterprise companies seeking fresh perspective and deep expertise on new projects.
Business Development at DockYard
The Director of Business Development will report directly to the COO and work closely with our CFO. They will play an integral role in stewarding DockYard’s evolution as a trusted partner for enterprise clients with growth and transformation-minded initiatives. Our services include end-to-end digital product development (design, engineering, project management, and QA), software architecture consulting, and staff augmentation.
The right candidate will be comfortable leading a department that holds both marketing, PR, and sales functions. They will excel at developing strategic plans tailored to a small team and paired with adept utilization of outside partners. They will develop programs that enable DockYard to adapt our service lines and talent strategy to the needs of our target market.
- Partnering with senior leadership to develop annual budget and revenue goals.
- Developing customized targeted sales strategies based on defined corporate objectives/targets.
- Maintaining sales pipeline health through lead generation.
- Providing accurate sales forecasts to senior leadership.
- Maintaining and optimizing sales processes (i.e., from lead qualifying through proposal development).
- Directly assisting high-value opportunities (e.g., presenting to prospective clients).
- Advising and overseeing contract design in collaboration with outside legal counsel.
- Expanding strategic partnerships to generate new client relationships
- Collaborating with DockYard Client Services to mature our account management services.
- Providing leadership and coaching to sales staff through one-on-ones, performance management, engagement activities, and mentorship.
- Recruiting and on-boarding sales staff, in conjunction with Employee Experience.
- Candidates must be based in the United States. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
- Prior experience in marketing or sales of digital professional services (e.g., agency or consultancy).
- 5+ years Business Development experience in digital products, web technology, or related industries.
- 3+ Experience leading high performance sales teams with director reports.
- Experience in working with senior management to align sales strategies and solutions.
- Comfort with public speaking (e.g., pitching proposals, presenting at conferences)
- Proficiency with modern tools for communications (e.g., Slack), productivity (e.g., GSuite), and relationship management (e.g., we use Copper.com as our CRM).
- Clean, quiet work environment suitable for video conferencing and a sense of good “digital etiquette.”
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the year.
DockYard is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, political affiliation, personal appearance, pregnancy, family responsibilities, matriculation, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
See related remote marketing jobs