Animalz is a content marketing agency that strives to create the best content on the web. We help companies—particularly B2B SaaS businesses—grow by making great content that their audience loves.
Our focus is on written content that helps companies educate and inform their audiences (executives, managers and other specialized professionals in their field) on strategies and tactics for being successful in their work. Product, design, marketing, sales, and engineering are the main topic areas we cover, mostly within the SaaS/tech field.
We are hiring our first sales rep! This person will help us source and close new business. The right candidate is either an experienced content marketer looking for a new role or an experienced salesperson with some knowledge of (and ideally experience with) content marketing. Please note this is a non-commissioned sales role.
An ideal sales manager at Animalz:
- Knows and is passionate about the SaaS, startup and venture capital industries.
- Is friendly, personable and excited to develop a wide network of contacts in the SaaS industry.
- Is an excellent listener and is excited to get on calls with prospects and customers.
- Has strong presentation skills.
- Can speak knowledgeably about content marketing strategy and SEO.
- Is ready to help us improve our sales process.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Scheduling and running sales calls. This role will involve a lot of time spent on Zoom calls.
- Creating, sending and following up on proposals. We have a process for this in place and are eager to hear your ideas on improving it.
- Working with the Customer Ops team to onboard new customers.
- Working with the Customer Ops team to make sure the packages we sell (1) align with the services we are best suited to provide, (2) deliver great value to the customers, and (3) are profitable.
- Identifying opportunities for upsells and working with content managers to pitch existing customers on expanded plans.
- Improving our existing process for maximum efficiency and transparency.
We are open to considering a wide range of background and experience, but there are a few basic requirements for any applicant:
- Must have at least two years of experience working at a SaaS company or at an agency that serves SaaS customers.
- Must be a great communicator. At its core, this job is about connecting with people. You should be eager to meet people, get on calls, and establish great relationships.
- Must be curious about B2B content and want to learn more. This is an industry that's nuanced and constantly evolving. You should be excited to learn everything you can about content marketing.
We’re a remote team with a home base in NYC and team members scattered around the world. We have an eclectic team of scientists, journalists, operations folks, and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company.
About the Position:
This is a full-time (40 hours per week) remote position. Although we applaud and encourage pursuing your passion projects, we want to make it clear that this is NOT a freelance/part-time position you can do in tandem with other major professional endeavors.
- Work from anywhere you like, as long as you have regular overlap with both Pacific and Eastern Time when the majority of sales calls occur.
- Health insurance, covering 80% of the premium for health and 99% for vision and dental
- 20 paid days off per year (including holidays)
- Paid parental leave (up to 12 weeks for primary caregivers and up to 6 weeks for secondary caregivers)
- Unlimited sick and personal days
- Monthly health and wellness stipend (for gym subscription or other physical activity)
- Monthly team lunch stipend to enjoy lunch with a friend or coworker
- Learning opportunities through internal workshops, talks, and attending conferences