This role is 100% Remote and can be based anywhere in the US.?
Our client is a leading open source SaaS company in high growth phase.
Our Sales Engineering team are our customer facing product experts who share their knowledge with customers through demos, hands on enablement, presentations, technical evaluations and ongoing interaction. Working closely in partnership with Sales,?they help qualify and close opportunities. The Sales Engineering team is also one of the primary routes of communication from our customers into the Product Management and Engineering teams.
The ideal candidate will have?3+ years of technical pre-sales experience, ideally with Open Source technologies or demonstrable experience working with Open Source technologies.?You will:?
What would make you a good fit for this role?
- Partner with our Sales team to articulate the overall value proposition, vision and strategy to customers
- Own the technical engagement with customers and help to close complex opportunities through advanced competitive knowledge, technical skill and credibility
- Deliver product and technical presentations to potential and existing customers
- Proactively communicate with customers and internal teams to provide a feedback loop on our products and the competitive landscape
- Drive product conversations based on need and problems learned during customer interactions
- Work with the team to enhance documentation, write blog posts, record videos, contribute knowledge base articles and create other public or private enablement material
- You have a solid general knowledge of Linux, enjoy staying close to the keyboard, and have a passion for (and demonstrable experience with) open source technologies.?
- You would like to join a startup where your job duties will be varied and the decision will require strong judgment and collaboration.?
- You thrive in a remote environment and know how to collaborate equally as well as working independently remotely.?
- You naturally build rapport with both technical and non-technical audience
- You will love solving complex technical challenges and thrive on bringing creative solutions to customers
- You are self-motivated, detail-oriented and enjoy continuously learning.
- Residing in the Central or Eastern timezone would be a plus but not required. All of the SE work to date has been remote, requiring no travel but this could and likely will change.?
This is a 100% remote role and can be based anywhere in the US.??
Pre sales, Sales Engineer,?Sales Engineer, Pre Sales, Technical Sales