At Automattic, we believe in making the web a better place, and making our workplace a happy place. We hope you can join us on this journey!
We are looking for a motivated and analytical Lifecycle Marketer leader to join our team at WordPress VIP. This role will be responsible for architecting initiatives that establish customer relationships and inspire advocacy across WordPress VIP and Parse.ly. Reporting to the VP of Growth Marketing, this role will be a catalyst for increasing customer-centricity throughout the organization.
At the foundation of this role is the understanding that the voice of our customer is the most powerful resource at our disposal. It’s up to you to provide advocacy and engagement opportunities to our customers that excite and delight them, while providing value to the business. Your priority is to establish the right set of customer programs that build trust, earn engagement, and ultimately grow and furthers the lifecycle of the WordPress VIP and Parse.ly customer base. You should be ready to get scrappy and creative about turning over every leaf you can, and when you find something that works, be ready to double down on it!
- Develop, execute, and optimize customer campaigns from conception to launch.
- Work closely with the rest of the Marketing team to align campaign strategies and goals across the organization.
- Design the strategy and orchestrate the development, execution, and optimization of customer advocacy programs to increase the number of customer champions lending their voices to tell the WPVIP story.
- Tell the WPVIP story through customer successes. You’ll put customers out in front across all marketing channels. Success will be amplifying the business value and transformative impact of WPVIP’s solutions through marquee customer stories across web, PR, social, events, and other content marketing programs.
- Strengthen customer relationships and community engagement. You will punctuate your programs with customer appreciation that motivates and inspires active participation. You will work diligently to uncover the motivators and goals of your customers and partner cross-functionally to identify compelling opportunities for customers to engage with us.
- Dominate the leader quadrant and rankings in third party review websites. Your team will invigorate the customer evidence and reference program to support WPVIP’s growth and reputation objectives.
- Experience building and running marketing programs in a high-growth environment
- Strong exec-level presence and communication
- Exceptional communication and writing skills and a track record for delivering clear and compelling customer-facing materials in a technology sector
- Define, measure, track, and report on relevant metrics.
- Manage the overall budget for customer marketing related business
- 5+ years of experience working in marketing or in a customer-facing role in the technology industry
- Technical Skills - Proficiency in marketing automation and CRM (Pardot and Salesforce), webinar and event platforms (e.g. Go-To-Webinar), project management tools (e.g. Asana )
- Direct experience with Customer Advocacy and/or Reference programs a must
- Experience using customer insights and behavioral data to deeply understand customer base and inform strategic plans
- Experience with running successful account-based marketing programs on a 1: Many, 1: Few and 1:1 scale
- Have deep knowledge of the B2B sales cycle and are on the constant quest to find opportunities to improve demand generation and pipeline contribution.
- Understand the enterprise prospect’s perspective and what motivates their decision-making. You accomplish this utilizing a broad toolkit which includes competitor research, data analysis, customer feedback, and behavioral analysis.
- You’re excited to apply your skills and expertise to additional customer communications platforms, channels, and efforts.
- Adapt to changing market and organizational requirements.
- Experience building and managing customer advisory boards
- Experience with building data pipeline, analytics, and data visualization tools.
- Experience building or supporting sites powered by WordPress.
How to apply:
Does this sound exciting? If yes, click the Apply button below and fill out our application form. In your cover letter, let us know what you can contribute to the team. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic accurately. We are lucky to receive many applications for this position, so try to make your application stand out.
Please include an answer to the following question in your cover letter:
- If you could only pick one growth tactic to help WordPress.com acquire more customers, what would it be and why?
Applicants who do not submit their cover letter with their answer will not be considered.
We are the people behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Tumblr, Simplenote, Jetpack, Longreads, Day One, PocketCasts, and more. We believe in making the web a better place.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1800 Automatticians in 97 countries speaking 90+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION AT AUTOMATTIC
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.