Headquarters: Los Angeles, California, United States
In pursuit of equitable education for all, TutorMe provides 24/7 high-dosage tutoring to over a million students in thousands of school districts and higher education institutions coast to coast. As the leading online tutoring solution since 2015, TutorMe helps make academic success more attainable by giving learners access to 1-on-1 live support in hundreds of subjects and expert essay reviewers for in-depth feedback on papers. Named one of Built In's 2022 Best Places to Work™ and certified as a Great Place to Work®, TutorMe cultivates an inclusive, people-first work culture. As the explosive demand for virtual learning draws more learners to TutorMe, we're expanding our fully remote team of talented individuals to help us democratize world-class academic support!
TutorMe is looking for a collaborative, strategic, and growth-minded Product Marketing Manager to join our fully-remote team. Reporting to our VP of Marketing, the Product Marketing Manager will proactively manage TutorMe product marketing initiatives to increase revenue in accordance with corporate goals. Priorities include becoming the expert on our audiences, defining pain points and messaging, building GTM launch plans and educational materials, enabling our sales team, and creating targeted content that amplifies the TutorMe story and differentiates us in the edtech space.
Whether you're defining the go-to-market strategy, planning and executing feature releases, or driving new product awareness and adoption strategies, your contributions will positively impact the educators and students we support.
What you'll do
- Define and shape target audience, positioning, messaging, and creative execution across the customer journey, partnering across our marketing, sales, and product teams
- Collaborate cross-functionally to synthesize market, customer, product, and competitive inputs into a customer-centric, omnichannel marketing plan that optimally communicates the value of TutorMe to our B2B target audiences
- Create content (e.g., sales enablement documentation, case studies, press releases, website copy, blog posts, etc.) that clearly articulates how TutorMe benefits partner organizations, with an emphasis on K-12 school districts and higher ed institutions
- Serve as an expert on our customers, competition, and the broader edtech marketplace, synthesizing customer, product, and market insights and identifying new opportunities for research and analysis that can inform our strategy and GTM
- Identify and seek new channels to reach our target audiences and determine appropriate messaging strategy
- Keep multiple projects moving forward simultaneously and on schedule in a fast-paced startup environment
- 3-5 years of product marketing experience, defining and driving new products, features, benefits, and ideas toward market launch rollout—particularly with multiple audiences in mind
- Experience within edtech and/or marketing directly to K-12 district decision-makers and influencers
- Analytical and metrics-driven, comfortable digging into data and gleaning insights
- Demonstrated understanding of messaging strategy, user experience, and persuasive marketing techniques in driving engagement with new or existing features or benefits
- A solid understanding of the complete customer product lifecycle and customer segmentation
- Experience with gathering and utilizing customer insights
- A demonstrated record of partnering cross-functionally across teams and levels, influencing stakeholders across the organization to achieve business results
- Excellent project management skills with proven ability to successfully manage and execute multiple projects with different priorities and stakeholders
- Self-motivated and desire to work autonomously
- Experience pitching ideas to C-Level executives
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Expert working knowledge of Google Workspace, especially Slides and Docs; experience with Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
- Proactive, entrepreneurial style; eager to take initiative in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excited to help improve student success outcomes in education
- Something else? Wonderful, we're curious to learn more about you
- Competitive pay & 401(k) matching
- Generous vacation, holiday, and sick PTO
- Top-notch health, dental, and vision insurance
- Access to an annual wellness credit and on-demand mental health support
- 120 hours of online tutoring per year for you and your family (10 hours per month)
- 100% remote work environment; we'll provide you with all the tools you need to be successful
- Mobile phone stipend and work from home allowance
- Monthly DoorDash stipend and DashPass membership
- Opportunity to be a key player at a high growth start-up that's helping students nationwide get the academic support they need
- We love to learn! All TutorMe team members have access to numerous professional and personal development opportunities
If you are not sure that you're 100% qualified, but you're up for the challenge—we encourage you to apply!
We recognize that diversity drives innovation, so we proudly cultivate a diverse, inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to join our team of passionate professionals.
*Colorado residents are excluded from this opportunity.