The Position Summary:
An SEO Account Manager at TopHatRank does not repeat the same tasks day-to-day, but instead focuses on creating innovative solutions to develop unique SEO strategy that excel their clients, constantly revolutionizing the process and not just checking off to-do boxes.
- Act as the Account Manager and point of contact in the flow of work between client(s) and the rest of the team for deliverables.
- Find opportunities for the organic growth of your accounts as the organic search landscape evolves, including creating and executing custom ongoing SEO strategies for clients.
- Perform SEO tasks such as technical SEO audits, analytics audits, keyword research, competitive analysis and much more.
- Ensure all deliverables and deadlines are met in a timely manner, as well as client and internal expectations are proactively communicated and accomplished within budget.
- Digest, challenge, and knowledgeably communicate channel performance and analysis. This includes analyzing data and strategy performance with monthly client reporting.
- Adopt and continue to refine account management standards and best practices.
3+ years of SEO experience and must demonstrate success in a previous SEO role, as well as have advanced technical SEO knowledge. If you cannot explain what a canonical tag is or don’t know the difference between a 301, 302, 307, or 410 status code and if/when each should be used, you should not apply.
You are also required to have the following experience and traits:
- Demonstrated success in a previous SEO role
- Proficiency in Screaming Frog, SEMrush, Ahrefs, Majestic, Sitebulb, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and other data-oriented platforms
- Intermediate understanding of HTML, CSS, and PHP
- Advanced technical SEO knowledge (this will be tested and is extremely important)
- Able to communicate complex SEO knowledge about how the algorithm works and why your strategies will be effective to clients in a way that they will easily understand
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while maintaining focus and productivity, yet knows when to ask for help when needed
- Ability to draw insight from raw information and data
- Strong verbal and written communication (this will be tested and is an extremely important trait)
- Client-focused, hardworking, detail and team-oriented
THE MONEY - Compensation and Benefits:
This role is full-time and offers extensive long term growth for the right candidate. This salary is determined based on experience and skill level demonstrated throughout the hiring process, ranging from $55,000-$65,000 depending upon experience + bonuses.
We provide several exciting benefits for our employees at TopHatRank, some of which include:
- Work remotely and on a flexible schedule: 10am-6pm is our company hours, but you can set your own working schedule as long as you remain available via Slack during regular company hours.
- $50 Monthly remote reimbursement: We’re a remote company, so let us help you cover that wifi bill.
- Flexible time off policy: That’s a fancy way of saying unlimited time off whether you need to go to jury duty, the doctors office, or Cabo.
- 10 Paid holidays: Including TopHatRank day.
- Quarterly goal initiatives (with bonus incentives)
- Paid employee training and development: We want you to be the best you can be, and if that means taking a course or attending a conference, we’re all about it!
- Monthly team happy hours: Each month we meet virtually and learn how to make tacos from scratch from a chef, discover the secret to making the perfect MaiTai, or carve pumpkins together.
- Annual performance reviews: An opportunity to recognize your improvement or provide a baseline of what can be improved.
- 1.5% Annual employee longevity bonus: As a thank-you for spending a year with us, we bonus you 1.5% of your current salary (each year).
- Annual company retreats: We like to host in-person retreats with the whole team in a fun location around the US 1-2x a year.
- Medical insurance: Up to $300 monthly
- Dental insurance: 100% covered
How to Apply
Email your resume to jobs @ tophatrank.com with the subject line: SEO Account Manager Position 2022.
Be sure to include the answers to the following in the email:
- Your Name:
- Your personal pronouns:
- Your Location & Time Zone:
- Link to your LinkedIn profile:
- Describe your home office setup including your wifi speed, type of computer, monitor, location of office, etc:
- Your desired salary:
- Why you’re qualified for the position:
Related keywords: seo, marketing, seo specialist, digital marketing