Business Development Director at Tane
Tane is a creative agency based in NYC that specializes in video marketing and advertising. We’re a nimble, fast-growing agency dedicated to innovation and pushing boundaries within the creative services space. As an Inc. 5000 (fastest-growing U.S. companies) honoree for the past three consecutive years, our team is committed to finding strategic and creative ways to help our clients succeed with video-based campaigns. Our clients include global leaders, start-ups, and challenger brands such as Netflix, Venmo, Daily Harvest, and Hagerty.
We’re currently in search of a Growth + Business Development Director to work with our Director of Strategy and creative team as we refine our biz dev processes and scale our agency. The ideal candidate will be a sharp, self-driven, and personable individual who is excited to explore the business development and growth strategies of a creative agency.
While we are looking for someone with business development experience in the marketing or advertising industries, it is equally important that you’re passionate about the position and that it aligns with your personal and professional goals. We want to be a good fit for you just as much as we want you to be a good fit for us.
In addition to your resume, please include a cover letter that lets us know where you’re presently at in your career, what motivates you, as well as three future-forward people, places, or things that you’re inspired by. Submissions that do not meet these criteria will respectfully not be considered.
Thanks so much, we look forward to hearing from you!
- Infinite curiosity.
- Driven but down-to-earth, dependable, self-motivated, and personable.
- An excellent, detail-oriented writer + engaging communicator over the phone, on video, and in-person.
- Must be strategic, tech-savvy, creative, and have a desire to learn emerging technologies that can help us to be both efficient and effective.
- Experienced and passionate about crafting + executing new business development plans.
- Knowledge of industry and cultural trends + how it affects the brands and contacts you’ll be interacting with.
- An understanding of creative services + the current state of video marketing and advertising.
- Must genuinely enjoy engaging with people, asking questions, and learning about them.
- Must be comfortable with public speaking
- Must be able to manage your time efficiently
- Must be proficient with modern tools for communications (e.g., Slack), productivity (e.g., GSuite), and relationship management (e.g., we use Hubspot as our CRM).
- Must have a clean, quiet work environment suitable for video conferencing + a sense of good “digital etiquette.”
- You must be based in the United States. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
- Lead and manage outreach to new prospects through email, calls, video, and social networks.
- Qualify leads + act as gatekeeper for incoming requests and RFPs.
- Create video-based sales pitches.
- Research and recommend new technologies to enhance business development initiatives (ex. artificial intelligence, sales through social platforms, workflow architectures, + more).
- Write emails, proposals, and strategic briefs.
- Communicate strategic and creative insights + expertise effectively and clearly to potential customers.
- Collaborate with our heads of strategy and creative to nurture and close new business.
- Travel at times to meet with team members and prospective clients.
Tane is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, political affiliation, personal appearance, pregnancy, family responsibilities, matriculation, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
Please let the company know you found this position on remote-marketing-jobs.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related remote marketing jobs