Email Marketing Manager (Remote Only) at Swappa
Swappa is a human-powered marketplace for consumer tech, including smartphones, laptops, video games, and smart home tech. With hundreds of thousands of happy buyers and sellers using Swappa every month we’re on our way to over $100M worth of commerce in 2020.
Swappa’s Email Marketing Manager will manage, monitor and optimize the sending of millions of emails each month to Swappa users as part of our marketplace platform. This new position works very closely with our technical and marketing teams to manage a technical, optimization-driven transactional email program designed to drive more commerce.
Swappa is a distributed team spread out all over the US. This is a full-time, remote, work-from-almost-anywhere role.
- Create and optimize transactional email templates in SendGrid
- Understand Swappa’s marketplace platform to architect commerce-driven email system
- Work with technology team to integrate transactional emails with a marketplace platform
- Work with the marketing team to ensure emails are consistent with brand best practices
- Setup and monitor email tracking to understand and report on stats and effectiveness
- Optimize email templates and tactics using testing, data, and analytics
- Regularly report on progress and challenges related to objectives
Though we’ve been around awhile, are bootstrapped and profitable, Swappa still operates a lot like a startup. Everyone on our team wears many hats and does whatever it takes to get the job done. Egos are left at the door and the phrase “that’s not my job” never flies here.
- You have demonstrable experience and expertise managing large email campaigns
- You have familiarity and expertise with SendGrid (or similar platform like Salesforce Marketing Cloud)
- You have experience with email testing tools like Litmus (or similar platforms like ReturnPath or Email on Acid)
- You are organized, analytical and driven by data
- You are results and numbers-driven when it comes to evaluating successes and failures
- You like to execute, test and iterate and are not just about “big ideas” and “strategy”
- You are a constant learner and always on the lookout for new ideas
- You value iterative progress and small wins that accumulate into big successes
- You have experience creating, testing and designing complex automation and push programs
- You have a strong working knowledge of Google Analytics and other data analysis tools and know how to showcase how you’re growing revenue and traffic through email
- You are adaptable and thrive with change
If you’re looking to be dropped into structured corporate machinery with deep hierarchy and micromanagement, this is not the job for you. On the other hand, if you like the idea of working remotely for a small company with big competitors and big aspirations, this may be a great opportunity.
Please let the company know you found this position on remote-marketing-jobs.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related remote marketing jobs