Headquarters: London, England, United Kingdom
Soracom was founded in 2015 by AWS veterans with a clear vision of creating a better world by democratising IoT technology, connecting all people and things, and accelerating innovations. Today, we are one of the key players in the field, serving over 20,000 customers and connecting more than two million devices around the world. Powered by the speed and scalability of the cloud, we deliver worldwide connectivity for the Internet of Things (IoT) to empower the creators of today to build the innovation of tomorrow.
Soracom is a family of nearly 100 individuals working remotely across 5 continents with regional hubs in Tokyo, London, and Seattle. Soracom is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we take pride in the diversity of our employees, valuing the experience and expertise brought by people from different backgrounds. By welcoming diversity, our people are able to continuously discover creative new ideas, which has given us the ability to develop ground-breaking technologies. If you are also passionate about creating the type of transformative technology that will enable innovators to design and build a better world, come and join us!
We are a scaling start-up leveraging the power of cutting-edge technologies to impact the world. Our team of outstanding professionals is equipped with the following qualities:
- Self-motivated, autonomous and hands-on
- Quick to adapt to new things and flexible
- Respectful of others, and with integrity
- Tech-savvy and inquisitive
About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Digital Marketing Manager to join the EU/UK Marketing team. This is an extremely hands-on position that will cover a broad remit of marketing activities, where you will have the opportunity to define the role and become an influential pillar of our overall growth strategy.
You will help us raise Soracom's brand awareness by curating and promoting online events; working with strategic partners in the space on co-marketing initiatives and opportunities; managing our email strategy in the EU and UK to nurture existing leads along the marketing funnel; and improving the ways we communicate the Soracom product locally in the UK, France, and Germany and more when the team expands.
You will be a natural storyteller and an excellent communicator. Your copywriting game will be extremely strong, and you'll also possess good image manipulation skills to help you visually communicate.
As an enthusiastic team player, you'll be someone highly likable who is able to quickly form alliances with internal stakeholders, and will be in your comfort zone working with individuals across Sales, Partnerships, and the broader Marketing teams.
- Take ownership of overall co-marketing with our strategic partners
- Develop, promote, and run online events in collaboration with our partners - webinars that showcase the Soracom products, thought leadership sessions, and more
- Manage our email marketing strategy and nurture automation campaigns for customers and prospects in the UK and EU
- Work with our Partnerships Manager to improve the Soracom Partner Space and produce new marketing collateral to help tell our story with 3rd parties
- Create content for external websites relevant to our target audience
- Manage a team of contractors to translate Soracom marketing material into other languages and different market needs to help grow our global footprint
- Excellent copywriting and communication skills in English
- 5+ years of marketing experience for high-growth B2B tech companies
- 1+ years experience working remotely in a multicultural environment
- Demonstrable experience with marketing automation tools like Hubspot/Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Good technical acumen, especially when it comes to the process of creating landing pages and architecting email campaigns
- Good graphic editing skills with tools like Photoshop, Canva, and Figma
- Experience with online communication tools like Slack
Desirable Experience and Skills
- Experience with co-marketing tools like PartnerStack, Kiflo, etc
- Experience working in a tech startup-like environment
- Experience working with IoT ecosystems
- Basic knowledge of cellular or LPWA network infrastructure and operation
Who You Are
- Storyteller: You have a passion for communicating a company's brand and products across multiple marketing channels.
- Creative: You are always bringing great ideas to the table, and are able to act instinctively on bringing those ideas to life.
- Determined: You have a few battle scars and aren't someone who shies away from doing whatever it takes to get a project across the line.
- Always shipping: You're a perfectionist, but also able to compromise when needed - you live and breathe by the mantra "live is better than perfect"!
Fully remote work with base in the UK preferred
- Flexible work environment - work from wherever you want - as long as you have a great internet connection
- Flexible work hours - work when you're the most productive and when it is best for you to achieve a work-life balance
- Technology budget - work with the most up-to-date tools available
- Skills-based promotion - be promoted based on your ability to perform instead of your tenure or how many hours you put in
- An environment where you'll learn more in 6 months than you would typically in several years at another company
- A truly rewarding culture, working with individuals from across the world who are at the very top of their game