Shogun is on a mission to empower brands to create exceptional ecommerce experiences, and in the process, build the world's best remote company.
Since being in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, we've seen tremendous growth while intentionally creating a culture where people from all backgrounds belong. Our company and products are informed by diverse perspectives from the best talent around the world. We are fully remote, have no offices, and are looking for team members who are excited to work remotely.
We closed our Series A and B in 2020, and after raising a $67.5M Series C in 2021, we are scaling faster than ever. Join us to grow your career with our rapidly growing company!
For this position, we are looking for candidates located in the United States and Canada.
What You'll Do
At Shogun, Implementation Managers are responsible for guiding clients and agencies through the process of migrating their eCommerce stores to Frontend. This involves orienting clients to the platform and workflow, and leading regular meetings to build and maintain a clear and shared definition of success. Implementation Managers are also the first line of defense when questions arise in the process making sure the issue is clearly understood so it can quickly be addressed to the correct resource.
The role is equal parts managing relationships, organizing chaos, and providing technical help. Implementation Managers are expected to be proficient in communication and customer service, have strong organizational skills, and quickly upskill to a conversational level regarding the technical details of an eCommerce platform.
Above all it’s important for Implementation Managers to be bold, creative, and unfalteringly optimistic regarding challenging projects. Shogun’s Implementation team is composed of talented and supportive people that are excited to meet you!
Job responsibilities include:
- Becoming an expert on best practices of the Frontend platform, workflow, and site migrations
- Representing Shogun in a professional and service-oriented manner to external clients
- Troubleshooting technical issues with feature implementation and site migration, including preliminary issue investigation and triage
- Assisting in the design of technical requirements for site migrations
- Leading implementation meetings with multiple stakeholders in a manner that provides clear goals, scope alignment, and drives toward meeting deadlines to deliver world class eCommerce sites
- Providing project plans and timelines for site launches, as well as regularly providing progress reports to internal leadership teams
- Perform multifaceted testing programs regularly evaluating usability, performance, SEO, and accessibility
- Iterating on process improvements and documentation to ensure Shogun is driving toward a robust self-service process for its clients
What You'll Bring
Need to have
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Ability to quickly understand communication between services that enable modern web-based services
- Ability to quickly understand the way data is shared between different systems and companies that power a modern eCommerce store
- Experience launching and/or managing eCommerce sites utilizing Shopify
- Familiarity with modern web applications sufficient to observe data flows
- Minimum 2 years project management experience, or equivalent experience organizing and managing projects from pre-production through implementation
- Experience managing internal-to-external relationships and representing a company professionally to clients or agencies
Nice to have
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Benefits (vary by location)
- A highly skilled and dedicated team that is fun to work with
- Remote work – We are a diverse and distributed team that uses Slack, Zoom, Notion and other tools to stay connected
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what's right over what's easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually, and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.
Please refer to the position specific location requirements listed under the location section of the job description as we are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the mentioned location(s) without requiring employment visa sponsorship.