ReUp Education is seeking a creative and strategically-minded Director of Digital Marketing to join our team. This is a multi-pronged role in which you will be responsible for the vision and roadmap of all marketing activities, managing and growing the marketing team, and using data to iterate our way toward improved performance. By owning our marketing lifecycle with a focus on the student-facing experience, you’ll enable us to achieve our ambitious goal of re-enrolling and supporting millions of college students.
Leveraging a suite of modern marketing tools and approaches, the Director of Digital Marketing will lead our student marketing and communication strategies across a range of digital mediums, including email/SMS, web, social media, search, and targeted ad platforms. You will ensure that Marketing team members share a cohesive vision with clear and quantifiable goals, while contributing to execution yourself as needed. You will be a thought partner to our Sales and Partner Success teams, creating a feedback loop that informs their demand generation efforts. And, you’ll be responsible for enabling the team to continuously improve results through experimentation, innovation, and applying consumer-marketing best practices.
This is an opportunity to play a critical role in a growing early-stage startup as we tackle a huge problem that affects a largely underserved population. If you’re a natural self-starter, data-driven, and interested in combining creativity with strategy to transform people’s lives, come join us!
What we do
Founded in 2015, ReUp Education is the only organization that focuses exclusively on helping colleges and universities engage and re-enroll the more than 40% of US students who have “stopped out” and support them until graduation, through our technology-enabled service. To date, we have re-enrolled over 15,000 students, assisting over 3,500 to graduate, and recaptured over $45 million in tuition for our university partners.
- Own the vision and roadmap for all ReUp student-facing marketing activities
- Coordinating marketing activities across departments
- Own all KPI’s directly related to student-facing marketing and communication activities
- Oversee a growing team of marketing managers, coordinators, and content developers; also, identify future talent/capacity gaps and serve as hiring manager for future team hires
- Evaluate our current marketing operations, then lead further development of our strategy around email & SMS marketing, content development, advertising, and multichannel approach
- Work within a modern marketing stack that includes Hubspot, Salesforce, Twilio, Google, Tableau etc.
- Develop a personalization strategy leveraging data segmentation and predictive analytics to meet students where they are and improve KPIs
- Contribute to the execution of marketing initiatives as needed (We anticipate the role to initially be split 65% team management and strategy, with 35% individual contribution; this may change over time)
- Manage the team’s OKR process to ensure empowerment, quantifiable results, and accountability
- Manage team budget and any external partners/agencies (as needed)
- Track the success of marketing initiatives, emphasizing what worked, what didn’t, and creating an experimentation pipeline/process by which the team can formulate and test new hypotheses
- Uphold ReUp’s brand voice and guidelines; brand governance across the company
(Research shows that women and people from underrepresented groups often only apply to jobs if they meet all of the qualifications. However, no one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. ReUp encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. We look forward to your application.)
- 5-10+ years of digital marketing experience, with particular emphasis on email marketing, content strategy, and ad channels
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong experience specifically within B2C/consumer marketing
- Past ownership of a multi-channel marketing strategy within a collaborative environment
- Experience managing a diverse team working remotely
- Experience informing strategy with a combination of research, experimentation, data insights, campaign retrospectives, and feedback from multiple stakeholders
- High proficiency in any marketing ops stack that includes email automation, content management, and robust analytics tracking
- A passion for education and interest in a fast-paced, fully remote, startup environment
- Experience serving students a plus; experience within higher ed not required but a plus
- Experience with Marketing Automation platforms -- ideally Hubspot
- Experience with SQL, Tableau, or other data-insights tools a plus
- Prior experience with user segmentation and personalized content journeys to improve performance
- Prior experience with experimentation and testing whenever possible
- Staying up-to-date on best practices and new developments in consumer marketing
- Intellectual curiosity and a highly detail-oriented nature
- Stellar communication skills, with the ability to collaborate with colleagues at all levels
- Experience working remotely or within a distributed team environment (a plus but not required)
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary (commensurate with experience and location)
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees; we pay 100% of the employee's premium and 50% of any dependents' premiums
- Flexible time off and remote work opportunity
- 401(k) plan
- A diverse team that fosters a high level of collaboration despite being highly distributed
- We provide your choice of a Mac or PC laptop
ReUp is a distributed company. The majority of our team work remotely.
TEAMWORK * RESULTS * CONSTANT LEARNING * AGENCY * DIVERSITY, INCLUSION & EQUITY * JOY
ReUp employees share a passion for improving outcomes for stopout students. We support students to get Results as they embark on finishing what they started. We believe in the power of human potential and that supporting an individual’s Agency acts as a catalyst for positive change and resilience. We support Equity, Diversity & Inclusion, for both the students we work with and in our hiring practices. We value Teamwork and strive to create a safe and supportive environment where trust, communication, creativity, and humility are valued as highly as technical skills. We tackle hard problems with curiosity and take action towards continuous improvement and Constant Learning. Approaching our work with open hearts, open minds, and seeking collective success creates Joy. If that sounds like your dream work environment, we look forward to hearing from you.
Business Operations & Hiring During Coronavirus:
We are continuing with all business operations (including hiring) during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. Fortunately, we already operate as a distributed team, so we are used to conducting virtual job interviews. We are committed to working with all applicants who may need reasonable accommodations throughout the hiring process, including those who may need assistance interviewing virtually. Should you have questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.
We encourage everyone who needs more information on COVID-19 to visit the CDC’s Coronavirus Disease site.
ReUp Education is an equal opportunity employer
Our company values diversity and believes diverse teams make innovation possible. We encourage all qualified applicants from any race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or other characteristics to apply.