WHO WE ARE
Reconsidered is a boutique consultancy that designs strategies, crafts communications and builds communities sparking positive change and accelerating the transition to a more just and sustainable world. We also create resources for corporate social responsibility, sustainability and social impact practitioners, including our industry-recognized newsletter, jobs hub and online community. You can learn more about our work and our clients here.
We are seeking a remote, part-time, contract Communications + Digital Marketing Coordinator to support our growing community of corporate social responsibility, sustainability and social impact practitioners by creating useful content, events and educational resources. This person will serve as a “right-hand” to Reconsidered’s founder and is ideal for someone who is early in their impact career (or making a career transition) and seeking exposure and mentorship.
This is a 6-month contract role (to start) and we estimate it will require between 15-20 hours per week, with room to flex up and down depending on the projects at hand. It is a remote role that will require time zone alignment with Reconsidered’s head office in Amsterdam.
WHO YOU ARE
We’re looking for someone who is…
- An excellent written communicator. You are a clear, engaging and persuasive writer, with the ability to adapt to our voice and tone. You are skilled at writing copy that convinces — whether that’s to click on an email subject line, purchase a product or respond to an email. You’re either a native English speaker or could easily pass as one.
- Meticulous, with strong attention to detail. You strive for all work you produce to be completed to the highest possible standard, within the time given. You have a hawk’s eye for spotting typos, a missing comma or incorrect grammar and are determined to keep errors to an absolute minimum.
- A digital native. You have a knack for all things digital marketing and can quickly and easily pick up new platforms and programs. You are savvy on social media — LinkedIn in particular — and understand the type of content that works best on different channels. You know how to analyze basic platform analytics data to determine whether our strategies are achieving our intended aims. Bonus if you love nerding out on Mailchimp, Squarespace, Canva, Zoom’s advanced features, Asana and/or Google Analytics.
- Visually inclined. You have a flair for creating visual content (i.e., Canva graphics, Mailchimp emails, Squarespace landing pages, Google Slides) that’s on-brand and aesthetically pleasing.
- Eager and excited to create something great together. You are proactive and approach challenges with a learning mentality and a “how might we?” attitude. You are pumped to try your hand at building out strategies to grow our business while better serving our community. You pride yourself on your resourcefulness and love finding ways to optimize and improve, with a view toward making processes run as efficiently as possible.
- Interested in the areas of sustainable business and social impact. You don’t need formal training in corporate social responsibility, sustainability or social impact for this role, but you should have a keen interest in these topics, soaking up as much content about them as you can. You care about the future of our planet and its people, and would love to be part of an organization that is working towards making a real change in the world.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
In this role, you can expect to…
- Maintain a robust content calendar and develop and execute on creative, data-driven strategies to grow and nurture the Reconsidered audience.
- Create, format and publish on-brand written and visual content for Reconsidered’s website, newsletter and social media channels.
- Coordinate programming for the Reconsidered community, including organizing virtual events and moderating our private LinkedIn Group.
- Curate corporate social responsibility, sustainability and social impact job opportunities for our Impact Jobs Hub.
- Manage our slate of content partnerships and sponsorships, serving as a key point of contact for our partners.
- Deliver monthly progress reports with analytics, recaps and recommendations for continuing to optimize our strategies and processes.
- Occasionally lend a hand with other tasks needed to get the job done. (We’re a start-up, after all!)
Application deadline: December 3, 2021
We know that we are a stronger team and better able to come up with boundary-pushing ideas when our team represents a range of diverse perspectives and life experiences. We value and respect all types of diversity including, but not limited to, ethnicity, race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion and abilities. We especially encourage candidates from these backgrounds to apply and invite you to share these aspects of your background in your application.