The world is changing at an accelerating rate. But we cannot take in the information fast enough, let alone make sense of it. We are fundamentally limited by the speed at which we read and write — the speed of human thought. The challenges facing decision-makers today require a radically new technology.
Primer is at the forefront of the natural language processing revolution. Our artificial intelligence platform is capable of reading text at a rate of millions of documents per hour, extracting information and updating a knowledge graph of billions of entities. It is capable of answering natural language questions and generating the first draft of natural language analytical reports in seconds. Our mission is to empower our customers by vastly reducing the cost of curiosity. What once took days of research can happen instantly.
Our customers include some of the world’s largest corporations, financial institutions, and government agencies in the world. You can learn more about Primer's technology and the problems we solve at our blog, as well as in recent media coverage of our work.
The Enterprise Account Executive - North East will act as the primary point person to grow Primer’s market presence in the financial services industry, retail, and with large pharmaceuticals.
You will work with executives and leadership at customer organizations to understand their challenges and find opportunities for Primer’s suite of NLP/NLG technologies to support their needs, drive value, and managing and developing a growing book of business. By utilizing your business and technical relationships you will quickly close business by helping to define, identify, and pursue key opportunities.
Your goal – to get Primer into the hands of analysts at large corporates, the bulge bracket banks and large pharmaceutical companies allowing them to quickly understand the world around them.
- Serve as a key member of the sales team - grow current accounts, identify prospects, diagnose needs, prescribe solutions, negotiate, and problem solve to build and meet customers’ demand for Primer’s services.
- Identify, engage and close business within the big bulge banks and large pharmaceutical companies.
- Position yourself as an industry leader by understanding customer needs and helping them drive value from Primer.
- Set a strategic sales plan for your target markets and ensure it's in line with Primer’s strategic direction.
- Collaborate with internal partners (e.g., product, engineering, customer success) and colleagues to provide use case and product feedback, develop fresh approaches to utilizing the system, understand winning strategies, and champion sustained success.
- Serve as a key member of the sales team in helping to drive market and technical strategy.
- Understand the technical considerations, contracting requirements, and certifications specific to heavily regulated markets.
What We Value
- Minimum 7 years of enterprise sales experience with leading SaaS providers with a strong background and domain knowledge of the bulge bracket banks.
- Have knowledge of ML and NLP, systems architecture, enterprise application integrations, and working with software services.
- You strive for operational excellence, ability to effectively utilize your own time, and are passionate about demonstrating the power of technology to help tackle some of the most important ML challenges.
- You are consultative in relationships with your customers, prospects, and partners and have ability to establish trust.
- Can communicate both with developers and executives both verbally and written.
- Track record for exceeding quota.
- Previously served as a Sales Engineer or other technical field.
- Self-motivated with a sense of urgency and follow-through with the ability to multi-task and work many sales opportunities simultaneouslyExperience working in a fast growing startup.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience. Bonus: MBA and/or Masters in Computer Science or Math
What we Offer
- Rapidly growing company, with opportunities for career growth
- Compensation in the form of Salary + Incentive Stock Options (ISOs)
- Health, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Smart, engaged co-workers who are at the top of their game
- Honest and open environment for exchange of ideas
- Real customers with global name recognition + healthy sales pipeline
- Proactive learning and teaching opportunities via individual book allowances, tech talks, and brown bag lunches
Primer is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.