Who We Are:
Paved is an established and growing marketplace that connects independent email newsletters with some of the world’s largest brands.
Have you ever opened a newsletter and read “This newsletter is sponsored by…”.? That’s what we do—and reach millions of highly engaged subscribers every day.
We monitor over 100,000 newsletters and use almost half a billion data points to recommend newsletters to potential advertisers. We offer our users the newest tech in the newsletter space.
Paved hasn't done any outbound marketing in over 18 months. Our business is driven by inbound interest and the vast majority of new publishers come from word of mouth and our internet presence.
We are a scrappy, small, fully remote team that’s growing quickly.
As an expert in publishers and media, you’ll be responsible for recommending publishers for advertisers, reaching out and onboarding new newsletters, ensuring publisher availability and negotiating pricing.
To be successful in this role, you need to be exceptionally organized, take initiative to make changes, work well with the team, and be relentless in your work. You’ll need to send a large volume of emails, and be self-motivated to follow through and follow up. An organizational system is a must.
- Develop proposals quickly and efficiently
- Outreach to publishers on and off the platform.
- Understand the advertiser's needs & work closely with sales
- Identify high priority publishers and strategies to close new publisher accounts
- Negotiate publisher pricing and media types
Who We’re Looking For
- Remote isn’t for everyone. You should have prior experience successfully working with a remote team. Self-motivation and strong communication skills are a must. Experience in working at a startup is preferred.
- You are very results-oriented, motivated, and ambitious. You take ownership of your ideas, turn them into projects, and make those projects happen. You have previous experience working with a strong team leader and are now ready to transition into a more managerial role.
- You’re comfortable with project management tools and have an inbox (and helpdesk) that’s always organized, tagged, and under control
- You want the freedom (and responsibility) to do good work without being held back by approvals or sign-offs.
What You'll Bring:
- A degree or equivalent experience in a related field
- Experience working with multiple media channels
- Strong understanding of media planning fundamentals, including targeting, channel strategies, and performance statistics
- Negotiation skills, specifically with publishers and brands
- Bonus: Experience purchasing media on a performance basis
- Bonus: Agency experience
- Fully Remote
- Flexible healthcare / WFH benefits depending on your needs
- Flexible working hours: Predominantly ET timezone
- Learning budget for courses, books, and other training