Director, Influencer Marketing at Octagon
THE JOB / Director, Influencer Marketing
STRATEGY / Responsible for developing and executing investment recommendations for our clients.
Octagon, the world’s premiere global sports marketing agency, is seeking a Director of Influencer Marketing to join its digital strategy practice. 2020 is an exciting time to join the team as we are poised for continued growth and exciting new projects!
Our headquarters is located in Stamford, CT but the location of this position can be flexible with a preference for working in one of our office locations - - Stamford, CT, New York, NY, Chicago, IL, or Los Angeles, CA. We will also consider a remote based working arrangement for qualified candidates.
As our authority on all things ‘Influencer’ you will be responsible for the strategy, campaign management, social content strategy and measurement for brand clients at Octagon. Basically, you run the Influencer Marketing business for us with the support of two direct reports.
Ideally, you are ambitious and possess a growth mindset with deep knowledge and ongoing curiosity of influencer trends, media valuation and the current social media landscape.
You’ll work cross-functionally with the Talent Procurement, Creative, Production, Digital Strategy, and Integrated Marketing teams. Masterful relationship-building skills with an ability to both lead and roll up your sleeves to get the job done is the name of the game here.
This job also requires someone who is equally comfortable with developing insights and strategic rationale as well as creative and innovative digital media content strategies.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Lead the development and execution of influencer strategies for Octagon brand clients
- Operationalize and establish processes for scaling the Influencer marketing practice at Octagon
- Own the Octagon influencer measurement suite: including modeling, demographics analysis, measurement and real-time reporting.
- Develop influencer creative briefs for campaigns ranging from experiential to seeding, making recommendations to both clients and influencers
- Management of two direct reports: a strategist and analyst. Run the hiring process as the team expands.
- Drive innovative short-form content strategies across all social mediums: video, motion graphic, animation, still and text.
- Stay informed on platform and legal updates. Ensure the team is compliant across all legal requirements, privacy, brand and platform restrictions
- Lead all aspects of timelines and onsite operations, content collection, approvals and timely posting of all influencer content.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum 5 years of experience in social media and/or influencer strategy
- Sports fan
- Deep understanding of the social media mechanics and performance marketing across Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter, TikTok, Reddit and Twitter
- Creative thinker with demonstrated understanding of storytelling across social
- Excellent social media copywriting skills
- Team player
- Demonstrate thoroughness, follow-up, attention to detail
- Base knowledge of industry standard pricing for influencer hires
- Ability to travel – 10%
Please let the company know you found this position on remote-marketing-jobs.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related remote marketing jobs