Do you wake up and fall asleep planning and executing innovative online promotions that are effective across multiple channels?
Do you get excited by discovering fresh ways to create, repurpose and distribute all types of content?
Do you thrive as a leader of a marketing team, ensuring your department is high performing, supported and enthusiastic about the work they’re doing daily?
Do you obsess over metrics and data and challenge yourself constantly to improve them?
If you said “YES!” to any of the above questions, I’ve got an AMAZING opportunity for you...
The Director of Marketing is responsible for attracting and enrolling new members into our variety of programs as we deploy the vision and mission of DSOA.
This position will lead, mentor and manage the marketing department which consists of both internal and external team members. This position will report directly to the Operations Director and also work very closely with the CEO on strategy as well as the Director of Education to create an excellent user experience as studio owners transition from leads to members.
The principal goal of the Director of Marketing over the next year is to create a smooth evolution from the first interaction studio owners have with the DSOA all the way through to becoming a member.
Program Launches & Evergreen Funnels:
- Lead and manage both internal and external marketing team members throughout ongoing funnel marketing effort as well as through one time program launches
- Create and manage marketing project plans in Asana to execute campaigns with careful attention to detail and on time delivery
- Work with the CEO and other Directors to create innovative funnels around our multiple annual product launches and evergreen sales funnels
- Collaborate with the internal and external tech staff across campaigns
- Work with Sales Team to put leads into the sales process
- Create, deploy and Manage daily, weekly, and monthly content strategy
- Content should:
- Increase customer engagement
- Generate new leads
- Maximize lead engagement across all content platforms
- Content should:
- Proven copywriting skills including strong language skills and the ability to adjust content to create consistent messaging across all communication channels in our business.
- Remix existing content with a fresh perspective to innovate our organic and paid marketing acquisition channels
- Oversee the creation and deployment of all member attraction media including copy, graphic concepts, pages, videos, etc.
- Work with the graphics team to create, edit and manage the production of all digital content
- Manage our Paid Advertising Team
Data & Metrics:
- Analyze and Report on daily, weekly and monthly marketing metrics
- Set daily, weekly and monthly marketing metrics
Who Are We Searching For:
As we’re looking for an ideal fit, our new Director of Marketing will likely possess what we’ve listed below.
- 6+ years Marketing Manager or Director level experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or other related field (or equivalent experience).
- Experience working successfully with online marketing funnel strategies.
- Demonstrated evidence of creating innovative and engaging marketing plans.
- Experience instructing a team in the development of online funnels, marketing strategy, and project execution.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), with the ability to effectively present information to all levels in the organization.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload of self and others.
- Demonstrated strong business judgment and decision-making skills.
- Strong manager of teams.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail with an emphasis on accuracy.
- Proven ability to lead & influence others.
- Critical thinking, analytical & problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of project management principles & practices.
- Approaches each day with a sense of urgency and purpose.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor, coach and provide direction to a team of employees.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at any one time.
- Operate in a fast moving environment and adhering to deadlines while producing high quality work each and every time.
- Be able to work autonomously and stay focused on the job at hand.
- Understand the big picture of each project and the company, but also be able to drill deep into each project to establish what needs to be done and when.
- Passion for working with others (being collaborative) and helping our team members grow and learn.
- Ability to handle, direct and provide straight-forward feedback.
- Technology savvy with the ability to jump into any software system and figure it out.
- Be a problem solver and think ahead to ensure any challenges don’t greatly impact project progress or outcomes.
- Experience with Infusionsoft, LeadPages, PayPal, Stripe, Amazon S3, G-Suite, Dropbox, Vimeo, Asana, Slack, Wordpress
This Position Is Not Right For You If You Are...
We’ve told you what we are looking for to fill this role. But it’s equally important to tell you what we’re NOT looking for...including:
- Someone who wants to be an entrepreneur and run their own business. All our team members are “intrapreneurs.” You’ll have the freedom and flexibility to love what you do and be the best at your role, but if you want to run your own company in the near future then we are not for you.
- Someone looking for a 9 to 5, Monday to Friday job. This is not for someone who lives for the weekends and hates Mondays. We’re a mission-driven company who, at the core, is about changing the lives and businesses of everyone who comes into contact with our company. Sometimes you might have to work late, sometimes you may have to work a Saturday, sometimes you’ll get the afternoon off. If we have a project and work needs to get done, then we’re all hands on deck. If this doesn’t sound exciting, then this role and our organization is not for you.
- Someone who hasn’t read a business or marketing book or listened to a podcast or webinar in the last month. A passion for business and personal growth is essential and we all strive for personal and professional growth at every turn.
This Role Is Perfect For You If You...
- Love a challenge and are resourceful when it comes to figuring things out and making them happen.
- Can work alone and don’t need your hand held every step of the way.
- Have great attention to detail and can pull multiple pieces of a puzzle together (team and tasks).
- Can work under pressure where you might have three projects on the go with tight deadlines.
- Have exceptional communication skills when it comes to dealing with team members and customers.
- Know how to delegate tasks even if you could do them yourself.
- Have a can-do attitude. “That’s not in my job description” is a line we never use.
- Embrace every part of the business with energy and passion.
- Are super organised but can move quickly to ensure things get done effectively and efficiently.
- Are technology savvy.
If you check all of those boxes, go ahead and apply! We can’t wait to review your application and potentially work with you!