At Close, we're building the sales communication platform of the future. With our roots as the very first sales CRM to include built-in calling, we're leading the industry toward eliminating manual processes and helping companies to close more deals (faster). Since our founding in 2013, we've grown to become a profitable, 100% globally distributed team of ~45 high-performing, happy people that are dedicated to building a product our customers love.
We are growing our Success Team of 5 in order to work with more customers and invest in the development of our team. We’re looking specifically for a dual contributor, someone who can help us strengthen relationships with high-value accounts and also coach and mentor existing and new team members.
You have between 5-10 years experience with B2B SaaS in a customer success, account management or sales role. You have domain expertise in the CRM industry and/or you have frontline sales experience of at least two years that you can rely on to act as a trusted sales advisor for our customers. You enjoy working with salespeople, sales teams and sales operations. You are excited about the potential in the SMB market and your ability to make a positive impact for your customers. The foundation of your success in past roles is your ability to build relationships with clients or customers.
You have a minimum of 1-2 years managing or coaching teams or working with peers in a leadership role to accomplish a company goal, either directly or indirectly. You are excited about coaching others, sharing your experience and knowledge and are always looking for ways to help teammates or direct reports grow professionally and increase their value in a customer relationship. You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and are comfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment.
You are someone with high emotional intelligence, having the ability to understand and empathize with the needs of others. You have a friendly, but strong demeanor. You must be located in North America and available to work normal U.S. business hours. You should have experience working in a startup environment and enjoy working remotely.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Senior Customer Success Manager to partner with our customers and to help level-up our team by contributing knowledge, best practices, and coaching to existing and new team members. Reporting to the Director of Customer Success, you will be the main day-to-day point of contact for your customer relationships . You will own the client relationship and be charged with maintaining and growing revenue while delivering a high-level of value to our customers.
This person must be an outstanding relationship-builder who can leverage every resource available to our customers, with a combination of technical and sales aptitude, and experience managing the entire customer journey. This person will be expected to proactively contribute strategy and coaching to the entire Success team.
This is an entrepreneurial, high-growth atmosphere and we’re looking for candidates that thrive in that environment. The ability to multitask, set and adjust priorities is critical; as a Senior Customer Success Manager you will always have more work than what can be completed in one day.
The team members you'll be working most directly with are Liz Stephany, Lydhia Marie Bolduc-Gosselin, Forrest Dwyer, Meghann O’Brien, and Tina Duong.
- Own a dedicated group of customer relationships and be responsible for managing the full customer lifecycle including training, adoption, expansion opportunities, retention and renewals.
- Become a subject matter expert in our platform and our sales philosophy.
- Problem-solve at a high level with your customers on sales process, efficiency and automation, data integrity, and knowledge of best-in-class integrations.
- Provide your customers with valuable insights to help them achieve their business objectives including pulling reports, analyzing data, and understanding what it means and why it matters to your customers.
- Develop success plans and drive quarterly business reviews at the executive level
- Develop cross-functional relationships at the user and executive level across multiple internal teams and brands.
- Work closely with the Success team on customer strategy, internal best practice sharing, coaching/mentorship and assisting with professional development goals and conversations.
- Execute at a high level to achieve both individual goals around retention, growth and customer satisfaction and assist in helping the team to achieve all goals as well.
Why work with us?
- Culture video 💚
- 100% remote company (we believe in trust and autonomy)
- Choose between working 5 days/wk (standard full-time) or 4 days/wk @ 80% pay
- Annual team retreats ✈️
- Quarterly virtual summits
- 5 weeks PTO + Winter Holiday Break
- 2 additional PTO days every year with the company
- 1 month paid sabbatical every 5 years
- Co-working stipend
- Revenue Share (after 1 year)
- Paid parental leave
- Medical, Dental, Vision with HSA option (US residents)
- 401k matching at 6% (US residents)
- Dependent care FSA (US residents)
- Contributor to Stripe's climate initiative 🌍❤️
- Our story and team 🚀
At Close, everyone has a voice. We encourage transparency and practicing a mature approach to the work-place. In general, we don’t have strict policies, we have guidelines. Work/Life harmony is an important part of our organization - we believe you bring your best to work when you practice self care (whatever that looks like for you).
We come from 12 countries and 16 states; a collection of talented humans rich in diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and cultures. Twice a year we meet up somewhere around the world to spend time with one another. We see these retreats as an opportunity to strengthen the social fiber of our community. This team is growing in more ways than one - we’ve recently launched 11 babies (and counting!).
Unanimously, our favorite and most impactful value is “Build a house you want to live in.” We strive to make decisions that are authentic for our organization. At Close, we have a high care factor for one another, in making an awesome product and championing the success of our customers.
Interested in Close but don't think this role is the best fit for you? View our other positions.