Close is a bootstrapped, profitable, 100% remote, ~80 person team of thoughtful individuals who value autonomy and impact. We’re eager to make a product our customers fall in love with over and over again.
We ❤️ startups & SMBs. Since 2013, we’ve been building a CRM that focuses on better communication, without the hassle of manual data entry or complex UI. Our goal: double the productivity of every sales rep.
We are growing our Customer Success Team of 8 to help serve more customers! We are specifically looking for someone to help with new customer onboarding and identify high-growth customers.
You're comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a small and talented team where you're supported in your efforts to grow professionally. You're able to manage your time well, communicate effectively and collaborate in a fully distributed team.
You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and are comfortable working autonomously in an asynchronous, remote environment. You have a high emotional intelligence, and possess the ability to understand and empathize with the needs of others. You have a friendly, but strong demeanor. Preference is given to candidates who have experience working in a startup environment.
You are located in European or Eastern American Time Zones.
About the Role
The newest member of the Customer Success team will work closely with high growth customers, ensuring they have the tools, knowledge, and set up to be successful in Close and in sales. This role will work the majority of time in a 1:1 capacity with individual customers, but will also contribute to the team’s digital engagement strategy. This role reports to the Manager of Customer Success, Meghann O’Brien.
- Onboard new customers with an emphasis on creating a solid sales process and strategically mapping new customer data. Onboarding and follow-up training includes opinionated sales process advice, sales education, data consultation, and teaching the Close sales philosophy.
- Work with existing customers to increase the value they receive from our service and identify and create an action plan for those customers who are rapidly growing and who may need extra love.
- Build strong customer relationships and use these to negotiate and close annual renewal agreements with high-growth customers, ensuring their long-term commitment to and success with our platform.
- Collaborate with other Success team members and teams at large (Sales, Support, Partnerships, Marketing, Product) to deploy resources for customers and gather information for company insight as needed.
- Host roundtables, webinars and other types of virtual events to boost information and resources for the Close community.
- Assist on virtual engagement strategy by creating /contributing to written and video content on platform best practices and Close sales philosophy.
- 3 years experience with B2B SaaS in a Customer Success or implementations role
- Passionate about technology
- Extremely well-informed in the SaaS product ecosystem, particularly products that cater to startups and SMBs.
- Preference given to candidates with:
- 1) frontline sales experience of minimum one year that you can rely on to act as a trusted sales advisor for our customers
- 2) experience working for a CRM platform or a sales enablement tool or
- 3) technical aptitude and capability.
Why Work With Us?
- Culture video 💚
- 100% remote company (we believe in trust and autonomy)
- Choose between working 5 days/wk (standard full-time) or 4 days/wk @ 80% pay
- Annual team retreats ✈️
- Quarterly virtual summits
- 5 weeks PTO + Winter Holiday Break
- 2 additional PTO days every year with the company
- 1 month paid sabbatical every 5 years
- Paid parental leave
- Medical, Dental, Vision with HSA option (US residents)
- 401k matching at 6% (US residents)
- Dependent care FSA (US residents)
- Contributor to Stripe's climate initiative 🌍❤️
- Our story and team 🚀
- Build a house you want to live in -- Examine long-term thinking and action
- No BS -- Practice transparency and honesty, especially when it’s hard
- Invest in each other -- Build successful relationships with your coworkers and customers
- Discipline equals freedom -- Keep your word to yourself and others
- Strive for greatness -- Constantly challenge yourself and others
How We Work Together
- Productivity, Quality & Impact: We don’t track hours. We trust you’re an adult and know best how to prioritize, meet your goals and contribute at a high level.
- Asynchronous communication & collaboration: We have team members all over the world. We don’t expect anyone to work untraditional hours, that means our default is async. Most teams have 2-5 hours of internal meetings weekly.
- Appreciation for Deep Work: *During your normal work day, not after a day of meetings*.
- Autonomy & Freedom: Create a work environment that is sustainable for you. We place a high amount of trust and responsibility with our team members from the start.
At Close, everyone has a voice. We encourage transparency and practice a mature approach to the work-place. In general, we don’t have strict policies, we have guidelines. Work/Life harmony is an important part of our business - we believe you bring your best to work when you practice self-care (whatever that looks like for you).
We come from 20+ countries located in 5 of the 7 continents. We’re a collection of talented humans, rich in diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and cultures. Every year we meet up somewhere around the world to spend time with one another. These gatherings are an opportunity to strengthen the relationships within our global community.
Our team is growing in more ways than one - in the last few years, we've launched 24 babies (and counting!). Unanimously, our favorite and most impactful value is “Build a house you want to live in.” We strive to make decisions that are authentic for our people and help our customers become more successful.