You are an established and energetic Head of Growth. With experience working with early to mid-level start-ups, defining and executing the full growth strategy is something you have done, and you love.
Managing and overseeing a variety of growth channels and strategies (SEO, Email, Google/Facebook ads, CRO, traditional media, partnerships and PR) is your bread and butter. You love leveraging all mechanisms and nurturing something exciting into something big and exciting!
Maybe you’re at a stage where you have taken the company as far as you can; having over exceeded both your own and your team’s expectations, and you are now ready to do it all over again. You want to be a part of an exciting new challenge, and want to collaborate with forward-thinking people who aren’t afraid to experiment with new strategies in order to grow the business.
You have a background in working with internal and external teams, with a successful track record in getting things done. You are comfortable managing and developing people within your team, and relish getting down and dirty. Getting just as involved with the day to day as you are with the strategy excites you, and is what you specialise in!
Does this sound like you? If so, we want to talk to you; we have something quite exciting to chat about! :)
About the role
You will join as Head of Growth for Car & Classic and will be tasked with the below:
- Defining and executing a full-funnel growth strategy
- Working with our external freelancers & PR agency
- Help us work out our key strategy and focus channels
- Managing and developing the internal team
- Being hands-on when required.
Car & Classic are Europe’s largest classified and listings website with 2.5 million unique visitors per month. We were acquired by Cazana in 2018 and have been working tirelessly to improve the experience of Car & Classic for all.
The website is trusted and loved by many as can be demonstrated by our hundreds of positive reviews. We have an extraordinary team of car enthusiasts, designers, technologists, and operators and we’re looking for another expert who can help get the best cars in front of our audience.
Our aim is to build the largest marketplace for classic and specialist vehicles globally.
What do you get (remuneration & benefits)?
- Competitive base salary (disclosed at first stage screening)
- All the equipment you need to get the job done
- The ability to work where and when you want in order to get the job done (remote and flexible working welcome)
- A central London office and meeting space to use when you need it
- Access to free counselling, therapy and mental health support via Spill
- Access to free personal/ professional coaching via a trained internal coach
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days holiday, all bank holidays off and any period of closure over Christmas also paid.
- Learning and training supported
- Ability to make your mark on a fast-growing start-up that is disrupting a huge (£34Bn annual) industry.
The skills, attributes and experience you must have:
- Running an acquisition & growth team
- SEO – Experience overseeing on and off-page improvements to drive traffic and revenue growth
- Email – Experience overseeing an effective Email and CRM retention programme that provides personalisation and revenue growth, as well as some understanding of the latest compliance
- Conversion Rate Optimisation (CRO) and Product driven growth. Experience working with engineering teams to drive increased website usage, sign-ups and revenue
Skills, attributes and experience it would be nice for you to have:
- Marketplace/Ecommerce experience
- Experience/Interest in Cars (Classic Cars is a huge bonus)
- Worked in an early start-up environment before
- Experience leading and mentoring a team
- External partner management
- Experience optimising a referral programme to drive growth
- Metrics & Impact driven