About Bump Health
Bump Health is a women’s health brand that serves moms before, during, and after pregnancy. We’re profitable, growing ($35M ARR, 2x’ing annually), and privately held (self-funded, no outside investors). We’re building something massive. And we are — hands down — the most ambitious company you’ve never heard of. Yet.
Our vision is to build the Proctor & Gamble of the 21st century — for the women’s health space. It might sound crazy. But our plan is to build a company that lasts 200+ years, is valued at $200B+, and makes life better for at least 200+ million households. We currently have four business units that each bring in 7 or 8 figures a piece. And over the next 5-7 years, we’ll build/buy many more in the pregnancy, early childhood, and fertility space.
We’re a team of 100 other smart, ambitious people. We’ll hit $1B in top line revenue within the next 5-7 years. And we can’t even begin to imagine how much faster we could get there if you joined us.
About the Opportunity
We’re looking for a senior marketer to come run email and SMS for us. Ideally someone who's “been there done that” at other high growth ecom brands, either in-house or at an agency. Who understands the ecom email/sms playbook and can bring it to Bump.
Email is our second biggest revenue driver. It’s a huge focus for us. And we’re looking for someone who can help us take it from ~15-20% of total revenue to 30-40%. This is an incredible opportunity for the right person. We’re looking for someone who can help us shape the vision and strategy to take our email program to the next level. And who can help us scale up our fledgling SMS program, turning it into one of our top 3 acquisition channels.
You’ll be a key leader on our team. We currently have great email and SMS agencies that we partner with, and you’ll take the reins in leading the strategy and execution of our email/sms calendars. We need someone who can get their hands dirty, wrangle what we currently have, and then improve it with your own best practices. The results won’t lie: we love numbers, you do too.
You’ll serve as the primary decision maker of the operation, owning the channels and making sure we’re executing against the right strategy. As you find your groove, you’ll set the tone for building out a full email and SMS team. We’re open to building them in-house, or partnering with agencies. But it’s your team. We’ll build it around you and your vision.
What You’ll Do
- Own the vision for email and SMS at Bump. Craft a strategy to get email to 30-40% of total revenue. And turn our fledgling SMS program into a top 3 acquisition channel
- Oversee the planning, strategy, and execution of our email and SMS campaigns/flows
- Develop and implement the email and SMS campaign calendars for promotions, transactional messages, updates, educational messages, and more
- Identify and prioritize the most impactful email and SMS flows to drive new subscriptions, retain existing subscriptions, and increase LTV
- Drive the effectiveness of our email/SMS programs by maximizing KPIs, including deliverability, open rates, click thru rates, new subscriptions, and revenue
- Work with internal and external creative teams to create compelling, on-brand copy (and high quality creative assets) that convert our audience into paid customers
- Actively manage email and SMS testing, from subject lines to body, images and CTA, day/time of send, personalization, and so on
- Create targeted segmentation strategies, leveraging 1st and 3rd party data across multiple customer touchpoints to deliver advanced, personalized experiences
- Iterate fast and incorporate learnings to continually improve our email/SMS channels
We think you'll be an amazing fit for this position if your application can demonstrate:
- 4-6+ years of email and SMS marketing experience at ecommerce companies. Experience working on high-growth DTC brands preferred
- Online portfolio that shows relevant work with high-quality bar, outstanding execution, and experience delivering results against email and SMS marketing challenges
- Experience owning and evolving email and SMS marketing programs. Demonstrated depth of A/B testing, segmentation, and forecasting
- Strong project management abilities with ability to prioritize, execute, and make ROI-focused marketing decisions on your own
- Data-driven, analytical mindset with the ability to formulate and translate insights into action with measurable results
- You know Klaviyo and Attentive like the back of your hand. And you have an advanced understanding of the technical/data side of these platforms
- A natural curiosity around consumer behavior, macro-trends and business impact. Up-to-date on ever evolving email space including new platforms, tools and technology
Why Join Us?
Get in on the ground floor of a high growth ecommerce startup.
At Bump Health, we are passionate about our mission: making Mom's life easier. We work hard to offer unparalleled customer service and amazing products for pregnancy and beyond.
In addition to a competitive salary and all the benefits you can expect from a fast-growing ecommerce company, you’ll get access to a team of creative problem solvers and the chance to see your contributions make a big impact. Benefits include:
- Work from anywhere in the United States
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Family Friendly Atmosphere
- Unlimited Paid Time Off