Headquarters: Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Here at Brilliant Metrics, we believe every day is an opportunity to be better - for our team, our clients and for marketers everywhere. If you want to move forward while helping others break through to the next level, this is the right place for you.
Are you the type of person that has a deep desire to understand and find an ideal solution to others' problems? Do you have people skills? I'm not asking if you can sell ice in Alaska. I am asking if you can listen for both spoken and unspoken needs, determine if the long-term relationship you're selling will benefit both sides, and convince the other party of the same. Are optimism, honesty and integrity the first traits others use to describe you?
If that's you, let's talk.
What does a Brilliant Metrics new relationship manager do?
As the new relationship manager, you are charged with driving business development and revenue growth for Brilliant Metrics. You'll have a direct impact on our success by identifying, qualifying, developing, negotiating, closing and successfully passing new business relationships to account management. Easy, right? You got this!
You will fulfill on the following:
- Engage in outbound sales efforts across various mediums - including phone, email and social - to develop and nurture relationships with target personas within a defined and maintained target account list.
- Refine, document and follow a repeatable sales process, guiding prospects through a honed cadence of meetings and commitments to become long-term clients of Brilliant Metrics.
- Remain responsive to prospects by returning emails, texts and calls promptly.
- Provide the onboarding account management team with the information they need to smoothly onboard the account, maintaining momentum and continuity for the new client.
- Ensure the CRM system contains accurate and up-to-date information and notes to ensure consistent marketing support, maximum efficiency and business continuity, coordinating with the sales admin on data quality projects, as needed.
- Sales is a team sport, and your team includes other disciplines within Brilliant Metrics, such as account management, accounting and marketing resources. In other words, only team players need apply!
To succeed at (and therefore be considered for) the new relationship manager role, you'll need all of the following:
- 2+ years in a "hunter" sales capacity, i.e., actively engaged in outbound activities to gain new business. We don't need "farmers," a.k.a. account managers - you will hand newly-signed accounts to them. A "hunter" seeks out new opportunities that are not yet secured and fosters relationships to close long-term deals.
- 5+ years in sales for professional services and/or consulting, or equivalent combination of education and experience, with demonstrated progression of responsibility.
- Fluency in the language of business and marketing, along with all the terminology and concepts that go with it. You must know how executives make complex and high-dollar business decisions to walk them through our front door for a long-term relationship.
- High levels in all of the following soft skills: Listening, networking, persuasion, honesty, integrity, prospecting, research, writing, closing, sales planning, market and industry knowledge, self-motivation, professionalism, hyper-organization, empathy, creative problem solving, accountability, positive attitude, smart and adaptable.
- Significant working experience with CRM systems, Microsoft PowerPoint/Google Slides and Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets
To work with us at all, you need:
- To embody all of our core values.
- A space to work. That means some place in your home or good coworking space (at your expense) where the background behind your workspace appears professional and you have the ability to hold confidential conversations with prospects, clients and team members without interruption by family, friends or similar distractions.
- Daycare. If dependents - young, elderly or disabled - will be in the same residence during work time and they are unable to care for themselves (i.e. you would not comfortably leave them alone and unattended for 8+ hours at a time), another adult must be present and responsible for their care and supervision during your work time.
- A fast and reliable internet connection. You need a minimum internet speed of 5M down / 2M up so you're not frequently freezing or disconnecting during video conferences.
- A daily work location within the United States (military spouses with a documented permanent US-based legal residence, all good regardless of current station). Sorry protectorates, but our payroll service only serves the 50 states. This is a W-2 position; we will not convert to a 1099 relationship for applicants that do not meet this requirement.
Brilliant Metrics was formed in 2014 by Steve Robinson, a digital marketer and recovering software developer, after successfully coaxing a few traditional marketing clients to venture out of their tried-and-true campaign comfort zone and try something different. He suggested that, instead of time-boxing their efforts and spending all the production budget on the front end of their campaigns, they start smaller and leave time and money to optimize along the way. The results were amazing. Steve wondered, what if all clients worked this way? To find out, he set out to create an agency built around this campaign-killing, optimization-driven, experience-based philosophy.
Since then, Brilliant Metrics has grown into a small, talented team of geographically-dispersed professionals. We've gathered a loyal roster of clients who value our education, counsel, strategy and execution and see us as the key to getting to the next level in their marketing and business.
Internally, Brilliant Metrics attracts individuals with a certain set of values. These core values are a part of who we are, not just a company line. We believe "boss," "supervisor" and "employee" are dirty words. "To employ" is to use, and human beings should never be used. Likewise, everyone we hire is a responsible adult and shouldn't require supervision or bossing to be successful. We empower each other to meet obligations, and we expect everyone will rise to the challenge and produce results.
What do you get in exchange for working with Brilliant Metrics?
- An opportunity to get into a small, scrappy organization and help shape the business with a collaborative team.
- Schedule flexibility for most roles.
- Outstanding medical, dental and vision options.
- Basic life.
- 401(k) with org contribution.
- Short-term disability.
- Hospital indemnity.
- Charitable donation matching.
- Flexible and generous paid time off.
- Internet reimbursement.
- Full-time telecommuting.