Remote - US, Austin, Boston, Boulder, New York, Raleigh, San Francisco, Washington, D.C.
Put your passion and skills to work for the planet. Climate change is the most urgent issue of our time, and we need people like you to help us build a vital Earth — for everyone.
We’re Environmental Defense Fund, a fast-paced nonprofit with a growing staff of more than 1,000 people in nearly 30 countries. We deliver game-changing solutions that cut climate pollution and strengthen people’s ability to thrive despite the effects climate change is already having. We work wherever we can have the most impact, from local communities to top companies to governments worldwide, and even in space.
Environmental Defense Fund seeks a creative visual leader to join our growing Video and Photography Team. The Manager, Photo-Video Creative and Operations will report to the Senior Manager, Video and Photography and be situated within the Creative and Content Production teams, working collaboratively across all EDF departments and global regions to meet the imagery needs of the organization. This position will design a system for the “life cycle” of imagery used in marketing and communications products, from managing imagery content requests, to conceptualizing photo and video shoots, to planning personnel for production, to ensuring imagery usage is on-license, to coordinating assets for storage in our digital asset library. This position will also:
- Work in tandem with EDF’s Director, Content Creative and Photo Project Manager to hone our new brand visual style.
- Provide creative direction and visual strategy to EDF’s various workstreams.
- Administer EDF’s enterprise-wide stock imagery purchasing.
- Handle contracts and invoices, permits, and other miscellaneous production coordination.
- Play a critical role in ensuring our imagery reflects EDF’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
This is an exciting opportunity to help drive the visual direction of EDF’s newly refreshed brand, website and digital storytelling, and the ideal candidate will be eager to contribute to our evolving global video and photo strategy.
The ideal candidate:
- Has a passion and creative eye for visual punch and storytelling that will enhance the EDF brand
- Has proven project management skills across multiple teams
- Has demonstrated experience working with video assets, digital and print photography for both editorial and creative purposes
- Is highly detailed and organized
- Has a deep understanding of in-field and in-studio photo and video production
- Has experience hiring photo and video production and post-production crew
- Has the capability of learning about international licensing parameters for imager
- Collaborating with department heads or other editors to determine the EDF Brand, Development, Mission, and Communications teams’ photography and video needs
- Pulling photo and video selects, reviewing and editing photos according to organizational goals, guidelines and specifications
- Facilitating out-of-house creative services and delegating production and post-production tasks to photographers, videographers, re-touchers, editors, etc
- Tracking assignment progress to ensure all tasks remain on schedule
- Managing stock imagery platforms, vendor contracts, invoices, and talent release forms
- Collaborating with Editorial, Design, Brand, Communications, and Development teams to choose which images and footage to publish
- Using photo editing software tools and applications to correctly adjust and manipulate photos
- Planning and coordinating projects with photographers, editors and vendors
- Participate in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values
- B.A. or experiential equivalent in visual arts, digital media, photojournalism or video production
- 6+ years experience in photography and video production, managing in-house staff and/or hiring freelance production crew such as photographers, videographers, editors, re-touchers, and designers
- Knowledge of photography/videography production and techniques
- Experience working with contracts, invoices and photo licensing
- Creativity and artistic mindset
- Organization and time management abilities
- Collaboration and team-building abilities
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite and project management software
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Interest in Environmental and Climate Change advocacy preferred
- 10-15% travel as needed
We offer a strong total rewards package encompassing competitive salary, robust benefits, and professional development opportunities consistent with a modern global organization. We take into account factors such as candidate experience, skills, training, internal team equity and local norms.
Please note that pay ranges are country specific. As a result, the stated currency is not meant be converted into any other currency.
$82,000 - $91,000 USD/Yr.
How to Apply
Please submit your Resume and Cover Letter on our careers site at: