About Research Square
Research Square Company, a five-time INC 5000 award winner, exists to make research communication faster, fairer, and more useful. Through our industry-leading preprint platform, Research Square, research promotion tools, and AJE's comprehensive suite of manuscript preparation services, we are proud to have supported over 2.5 million authors in 192 countries since our founding in 2004. Across all sides of our business, our team of former researchers and publishing industry professionals truly understand the importance of sharing research results with the world. By helping researchers communicate their work more effectively, we accelerate the pace of global discovery and advancement.
Reporting to the VP, Marketing and Sales the Lifecycle Marketing Manager. In this role, you'll define, develop, and manage marketing programs with the goal of increasing customer satisfaction, loyalty, growth, and revenue. We need a marketer who is comfortable driving a wide variety of initiatives and working with multiple teams, and KPIs in a fast-paced environment.
- Build an understanding of our customers' needs to build a content driven, demand generation program that best positions our solutions and drives growth
- Working closely with marketing colleagues and in collaboration with product marketing and product management, plan and execute multi-channel marketing programs that maximize conversion, loyalty and retention to drive incremental units and revenue; including email programs and journeys
- Expand our existing content marketing programs and personalized journeys
- Plan and manage 3rd party marketing partnerships and advertising
- Work closely with the data analyst to measure effectiveness of campaigns
- Coordinates and maintains the monthly promotion and testing calendar
- Ensure timely execution of all promotional efforts
- Provide recommendations based on analysis of user behavior
- Ensure consistent brand experience across all channels
- Communicate, educate, and update key stakeholders on campaign, plans, testing, and results
- Lead and assist special projects
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience
- 4+ years of relevant, full-time work experience in promotional marketing
- Experience developing and executing marketing plans that drive business results
- Experience in direct B2C marketing; including new customer acquisition, retention, digital and email marketing
- Experience analyzing and understanding marketing campaign data and user behavior
- Passion for providing an excellent customer experience
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Natural collaborator who assumes best intent from colleagues. Equally at home working with sales & marketing, as with engineering & product
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A strong analytical mind, thoughtful planning and organizational skills, and excellent communication
- Demonstrate good judgment and work on problems of diverse scope
- The ability to multitask and prioritize with minimal direction
- Experience with marketing automation; Salesforce Marketing Cloud preferred
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- No direct reports
- Relocation is not required as this position can be remote-based.
- This is a US-based role.
Working at Research Square Company
Our team embraces and fuels change, fights for simplicity invest in customers' success, and applies a data-driven approach to continuously improve and magnify our impact. We have developed tools and services that have been adopted by major international publishers to improve the publishing experience for their authors. We are a high-growth, family-friendly, and mission-driven company that regularly wins awards for our workplace culture, the pace of growth, and innovations. Our organization is casual and flexible while also being stimulating and dynamic. We have a results-focused work environment.
- One of Fast Company's 95 Brands that Matter in 2021
- Sloan Award for Workplace Flexibility (2011, 2012)
- When Work Works Award (2014, 2016, 2017)
- NC Parenting Magazine's Family Friendly 50 (2013, 2014)
- Triangle Business Journal's Best Places to Work (2017, 2019, 2020)
- NCBC Breastfeeding-Friendly Employer Award (2017)
- Family Forward NC Featured Business (2019)
Research Square Company's policy is to provide equal employment opportunity in all its employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, military status, age, people with disabilities, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for US-based positions with Research Square must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire.
Research Square supports people with disabilities and provides reasonable accommodations to job applicants. If you need assistance completing our online job application, email . General inquiries, such as those regarding the status of a job application, will not receive a reply.