This is a remote position and can be based anywhere in the United States (flexibility to take meeting in the PST timezone).
We are seeking a vendor Technical product marketing manager with knowledge of OSS ecosystem & technologies. Technical background or good understanding of Application Development and IT operations; familiarity with Git, Continuous Integration, Containers, and Kubernetes a plus. The ideal candidate should have experience in working on projects at Microsoft and more importantly within Azure.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Work with marketing stake holders to create the end to end journey for developers on Azure.
- Regularly communicate plans and results and set expectations with various stake holders (WW partnership team, GPS PDM's and others).
- Work across each of the product teams in both companies to ensure that we have the right BoM based on the field and customer needs.
- Work on partner strategy (from SI's, Resellers to others)
Required Experience / Qualifications:
- Prior Microsoft experience required.
- Communication: Excellent written and spoken communication skills at all altitudes, with actionable clarity and One Microsoft transparency.
- Ability to influence and manage effectively through ambiguity while working independently.
- Highly organized with ability to get complex and challenging things done in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Technology experience in products and services (especially with Linux and other Open Source Software) and an ability to understand and then communicate technical ideas and concepts to a wide audience.
- Strong executive communications skills, including creating impactful decks, emails, and speeches.
- Exceptional collaboration capabilities across multiple levels