Who We Are
At Courier Newsroom , we empower individuals and communities through local reporting that helps people understand and affect the issues impacting their lives. We believe that by investing in the work of local journalists across the country we can positively impact civic participation and build a healthier democracy from the ground up. Through original reporting and human-focused storytelling, we highlight the issues and forces that shape our lives while calling attention to the impacts of policy-making and political action at the local level.We are a rapidly growing team with new ideas on how to change the landscape of this world.
Courier Newsroom is presently looking to fill the position of Paid Media Director. This position reports to the Senior Vice President of Growth. This is a fully remote position that mainly works on EST hours. Re mote candidates based in the U.S. are welcome to apply as long as they are able to maintain E.S.T. business hours. The Paid Media Director will be responsible the duties outlined below.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a successful track record of building and managing a variety of simultaneous multi-channel digital media programs from start to finish that maximize results for audience acquisition, engagement, brand lift, and education through leveraging diverse paid media tactics, platforms and advertising strategies including and beyond boosted news programs
- Planning and managing paid marketing programs and program optimization to drive subscriptions for local newsletters
- Hands-on experience setting up and implementing paid targeted advertising and boosted news campaign on Meta and Google platforms
- Demonstrated understanding of industry best practices for cost-efficient CPM/CPC/CPA strategies and experimentation of new and tested email acquisition or lead gen tactics and platforms
- Analyze retention and engagement of various acquisition channels, along with their impact on overall list health
- Create detailed daily campaign reports and develop ongoing experiments to optimize paid media campaigns and CPAs
- 5+ years-experience in digital-first paid marketing programs
- Experience leading client and partner relationships with a focus on strategic collaboration, expectation management, clear communication and smart recommendations based on media expertise and program reporting
- A background working with or on successful political or advocacy media campaigns at a statewide or national level
- Experiencemanaging multi-million dollar paid media budgets across multiple, distinct media campaign at a given time
- A history of building and managing empowered, efficient digital teams, including the ability to deliver feedback effectively and gracefully
- A strong expertise in the digital media landscape, including a depth of knowledge and curiosity relating to consumer behavior trends and the media platforms that reach them
- Strong project and time management skills
- Builds + manages a hybrid team of full-time employees, contractors and media vendors and programs, which entails tracking budgets, team capacity, quality of work product and driving team members to meet deliverables on time
- Working alongside company leadership, stakeholders and clients, develops the strategic direction for paid media marketing investments and strategies within assigned programs and oversees the development of internal and external reports on program performance
- Oversees the management of paid media partner relationships, including with Facebook, Google, Snapchat, Programmatic Partners, Pinterest, Hulu, Twitter, Pandora, etc.
- Set standards and training needs for the Media teams, ensuring the team stays up to date on shifting ad product portfolios and rules of engagement across media partners
- Consistently audits the organization's paid marketing outputs, identifying challenges, pain points, best practices, questions, and solutions to operationalize and automate further
- With the Analytics team, develop reporting standards, as well as testing methodologies, to ensure program transparency and accountability.
- Works with each member of the media team to develop personalized professional development goals and holds regular conversations to discuss progress.
Compensation and Benefits:
The salary band for this role starts at $100,00 - 125,000 annually, and is commensurate with experience. We believe in compensating hard work, talent and innovation, especially because of our progressive values, not despite them.
Courier Newsroom offers the following benefits :
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO), 11 paid holidays a year
- Full suite of health benefits
- Flexible working arrangements
Courier Newsroom is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, those with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly urged to apply. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical conditions.