We've been championing for consumer rights since 1936. As a nonprofit organization, the donations CR receives from our fundraising program helps to support marketplace principles that protect consumers. We accomplish this by testing thousands of products and services for safety and reliability and advocating for fairness and greater accountability in the marketplace.
As our Fundraising Marketing Manager you will manage our successful multi-million dollar fundraising program which focuses on acquiring, retaining and engaging donors through direct mail and digital channels. Reporting to the Director, Fundraising, you will manage a Senior Marketing Associate and also work collaboratively with multiple CR teams including development, digital product, marketing, database and communications, as well as external vendors.
If you have a proven fundraising track record within a nonprofit organization (and enjoy a fast-paced environment), we encourage you to apply.
This is a hybrid position. Under our CRFlex program, this position is eligible for Fully Remote status for candidates who live more than 75 miles from one of our main office locations (Yonkers, NY, Washington DC, Colchester, CT). Additionally, the successful candidate must reside in one of the following locations: Arizona, California, Connecticut, Illinois, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New York, Texas, Vermont, Washington D.C.
HOW YOU'LL MAKE AN IMPACT
How You'll Make an Impact:
As Manager, you will oversee the lifecycle of multiple campaigns, driving the strategy, implementation and analysis for plans that are consistent with our unique mission and marketplace principles. You will help identify individuals interested in our mission and work side by side with consumers for truth, transparency and a fair marketplace.
You'll Be Highly Rated If:
- You bring the experience and the education. You have 3-5 years of experience in fundraising and marketing for nonprofits. You have also earned a Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications or a related field.
- You are a strategic thinker. You have proven experience developing, implementing and analyzing fundraising campaigns.
- You are experienced with direct marketing. You have managed direct mail and digital programs that focus on acquisition, retention and engagement.
- Your numbers add up. You have been responsible for annual budget /reforecasts and long range forecasts, inclusive of revenue and expense.
- You use data to inform your strategy and tactics. You are comfortable with analyzing, reporting on and synthesizing the numbers in order to determine direction.
- You have experience managing others. whether a direct report or an outside vendor
- You are in the know. You stay abreast of industry trends and best practices and can use this knowledge to implement new ideas and make process improvements.
You'll Be One of Our Top Picks If:
- You have worked at a membership-based organization.
- You're communicative and collaborative. You have the skills and ability to lead and work cross-functionally.
- Right brain or left brain? You are versatile in mindset and skillset; able to comfortably pivot from the strategic to the tactical, and from the analytic to the creative.
WHO WE ARE
Consumer Reports is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to a fair and just marketplace for consumers. Our team is made up of truth tellers, change agents, and consumer advocates who investigate and build coalitions to fight for fairness and justice in the marketplace. We leverage our evidence-based approach to demand safer products, a healthier environment, and equitable services for everyone.
Our mission starts with you. We offer medical benefits from that start on your first day as a CR employee that include behavioral health coverage and unlimited sick days. There's also generous family planning benefits and a generous 401K match. Learn more about how CR's advocates for strong benefits on behalf of their employees here:
FAIR PAY & A JUST WORKPLACE
At Consumer Reports, we are committed to fair, transparent pay and we strive to provide competitive, market-informed compensation. The target salary range for this position is $90,000 to $115,000. It is anticipated that most qualified candidates will fall near the middle of this range. Compensation for the successful candidate will be informed by the candidate's particular combination of knowledge, skills, competencies, and experience.
Consumer Reports proudly seeks to build a richly diverse workforce by hiring people with a diversity of thoughts, identities, perspectives, and experiences that help advance the difference we make for consumers, and by ensuring our people experience equity and inclusion in their work lives. We encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, LGBTQIA people, people of color, and people with disabilities.