The Job in short
Backbase is a fast-growing fintech software provider that empowers financial institutions to accelerate their digital transformation and effectively compete in a digital-first world. The Sr. Account Executive is the expert guide leading customers through their digital journey.
Meet the Job
You will carry your own sales quota within the North America sales team and identify net-new sales opportunities within your region and target list of Credit Union accounts. Based on your quota you will set objectives and plan accordingly to achieve targets. Backbase is expanding and there is no doubt that we offer the best solution in our niche market. Being a Sr. Account Executive at Backbase is an exciting and challenging role. This is an ideal position if you have 8-10+ years of successful hunter sales experience from prospect to close. Your professional DNA blends relentless new opportunity sales hunting with a focus on enterprise SaaS software in banking/financial services. This position offers you to work in a flexible, no-nonsense, informal and fast-paced working environment, enabling and empowering you to grow as a sales professional. In this position you will report directly to the VP of Sales for Credit Unions.Finally, you build close relationships with your customers to understand their business drivers and know how to establish buy-in at all levels (sales management, delivery leads and senior/executive management). You will identify and qualify net-new sales opportunities with established customers and effectively run a sales cycle to reach and exceed your goals.
How about You?
Scope of the role will include;
- Carrying a sales quota, identifying and closing opportunities for net-new software sales from prospect to close
- Position Backbase solutions
- Forecasting and managing new logo sales opportunities
- Leading customers to have value-focused digital banking strategies
- Establishing a trusted advisor role with credit union accounts
- Aggregating and collecting requirements from existing customers and explain the business case for R&D investments in new product features
- Supporting Backbase's goal of establishing digital banking leadership with credit unions
- Other activities as required to fulfill the business objectives.
In order to really own this role, we think you'll need;
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience in a quota carrying role
- Track record of exceeding quota
- 5+ years experience selling SaaS/software solutions to banks and credit unions
- Ability to reverse engineer business objectives to reach your goals
- Eagerness to figure out tough problems for your customers