Feathr provides a modern digital marketing software solution for associations, nonprofits, credit unions, and event organizations. We unify our customers marketing efforts with our platform including website analytics, targeted digital advertising, influencer marketing, and more. We help these organizations adopt modern digital marketing technologies and best practices to promote their programs, and drive more engagement to their efforts.
Our people are what make the difference. We're looking for a unique individual who will dive right in, develop deep empathy for our customers, and accelerate Feathrs growth!
Senior Account Director (Account Executive) - SMB Sales
Compensation: $82,000 base, OTE $203-$250K
Health, dental, vision, 4-day work week, Summr and Wintr breaks, paid vacation + Unlimited sick time
- Sr. Account Directors at Feathr are proven salespeople who love helping prospects solve problems and crush quota consistently. Feathr's mission is to help Nonprofits do their best marketing so they can do the most Good. Our customers are medium to large nonprofits working to end slavery, save sea turtles, and improve local communities across the globe. We help the helpers by providing the world's best digital marketing platform designed for nonprofits.
- You'll receive 20-25 demos a month with the right people from qualified orgs. This is a quota-carrying sales role focused on new business.
- Your task is to care sincerely about their mission, fundraising, and marketing goals in order to help them decide which version of Feathr's software and services will empower them to do the most Good. Did we mention our sales team (including our top performers) have been working 4-day weeks for 2+ years now?
- Our segment is mission-driven and digitally aspirational you will need to establish tangible trust with your buyer and paint a clear picture of what life with our marketing platform will mean for their team and mission.
- At Feathr, you will enjoy a very supportive team selling environment [that specializes in job joy] and help the helpers do more Good.
- 3+ years sales experience in quota-carrying new business role
- Proven track record of top-performance and diligent pipeline management.
- Sold new technology/services to more traditional customer segments.
- Experience driving value-based urgency to close deals with an average 45-60 day sales cycle
- Customer-Focused - You desire to sell a product that brings honest value to your customers and their team. You do whats right by your customers.
- Coachable - You are a self-improvement expert who understands that you must apply feedback to grow.
- Passionate - You love sales! Whatever your motivation and driving force, your energy and smile is contagious.
- Excellent Communication and Active Listening - You listen fully to your audience and respond thoughtfully.
- Hungry - You consistently drive to achieve goals and maximize your income.
- Authentic - We want you to be yourself and our customers do, too!
- Humble- We need you to take your work seriously, not yourself.
- Diligent - You consistently exhibit disciplined care for your work and assigned goals
- Curious - You see the value of research and knowledge. The why matters.
- Emotional Intelligence - You empathize with others and don't require verbal communication to understand what your audience may be thinking or feeling.
- Guide nonprofits through the buying process from demo to proposal to close. Most of that guidance is provided to executive directors, senior marketers and fundraisers via zoom calls, phone calls and written follow-up.
- Prep for new demos + closing calls, leading those calls, executing personalized follow up, pipeline management within Salesforce and sharpening your skill sets with fellow Flock members.
- Report to the Associate Director of Sales who will help prepare your proposals, close deals and refine your skill-sets with monthly coaching sessions.
Base salary for this position is $82,000. OTE is $203K-$250K [uncapped commissions]
Proven 4-day work week. That's ~2+ months each year [of Fridays] you get to spend fully focusing on you and the people you care about. In addition, you'll receive paid health/dental/vision insurance, and other benefits like a professional development budget, office food, and social events. Most importantly you join the Salesflock that will help you experience job joy, do Good, Grow and build your own nest egg! Summr Break and Wintr Break holidays, generous PTO.
This position is Remote with the option to work from our headquarters in Gainesville, FL. If you aren't familiar, Gainesville is a hip, mid-sized city with a highly innovative population and an attainable standard of living. Feathr is willing to provide a modest relocation assistance package if desired. If remote, we expect (and will pay the cost of) quarterly trips to the Gainesville headquarters for full-company meetings, team trainings, and culture-building activities.
As a part of our commitment to creating a fair, equitable, and positive interview experience for all candidates, we offer full transparency of our interview stages to give applicants an idea of the time and effort involved. Additionally, each interview stage consists of standardized questions and rubrics with a scoring system to ensure a consistent and fair assessment practice of all candidates.
- Information Screen - The Talent Acquisition Team will invite candidates that move forward to a 15-minute virtual interview. This conversation will be focused on relevant work experience, compensation, role overview, and answering any questions the candidate has.
- Hiring Manager Interview - 30 minute virtual meeting with the Hiring Manager to answer role-specific questions.
- Work Assignment - Candidates will be asked to provide a 15 minute demo [product of your choice] with the goal of securing next steps and exhibiting their sales skills [rapport building, discovery, product presentation & close]. Preparation for the assignment should not take more than 90 minutes. Candidates are given multiple days to work on the project.
- Panel Interview - 1 hour interview with two to three key members of the Go-To-Market team. This interview will dive deeper into the role, technical knowledge, and requirements of the position [and the people you will be working alongside].
- Offer - The Talent Acquisition Team will reach out with the details of the offer to discuss with the candidate.
- This is also the opportunity for candidates to provide any additional information or context if there are concerns surrounding their background check. Feathr believes candidates that have made it to this point in the interview process are truly talented individuals, and so we are open to dialoguing background screens before turning away candidates that have consistently excelled through the interview process.
- After all the details of the informal offer are finalized, the candidate will receive their formal offer.
If you require accommodations or assistance during the application or interview process due to a disability, please submit a request via this Candidate Reasonable Accommodation Request Form.
Benefits & Perks
We love our Flock and the work they do! But let's be honest, life isn't just about work. So we created a perks and benefits package that aims to help our team grow by including their wellness, families, passions, and personal time.
- 4 day workweek
- Full vision and dental, 99% health insurance
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Unlimited sick time for when you need to take care of your physical or mental health
- 10 PTO days upon hire, additional PTO days available with tenure
- Extended Summr + Wintr Breaks
- Parental Leave
- Wellness Reimbursement Credit
- Home Office Stipend
- Professional Development Budget
- Team hangouts and events
Feathr defines culture as the secret sauce that makes our flock members want to come to work everyday and do their best work. Like every company, we have an acronym that conveys the most important aspects of the culture we strive to have.
- Practicality: Am I incrementally improving something or delaying perfection?
- Ambition: Am I staying in my comfort zone as opposed to learning and communicating what is necessary to solve
the real challenges?
- Clarity: Is my audience understanding what I'm communicating?
- Trust: Am I being sincere and trusting others to do the same?
- Service: Am I expecting more from myself than from others?
This acronym is only as useful as the integrity of the people who reference it and believe in it. Every person at Feathr will face challenges, the most important quality is a commitment to work through those challenges with self-awareness and honesty.
Feathr is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. So, however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, if you think you'd drive value in this position, please apply.