At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you're a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you'll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo?
The VP of Sales will lead the US sales organization for Klaviyo and is responsible for setting and executing on the company's overall US sales strategy and vision. This individual will work with global sales leadership to identify, develop, and implement an effective sales strategy while developing US sales objectives. They will also ensure business development and marketing efforts are prioritized correctly to support the short- and long-term needs of the sales organization.
You will build a high-performance sales organization that reflects Klaviyo's core values as well as the sales team's key virtues. This is reflected by leading by example when it comes to: taking data-driven action; being customer obsessed; always learning; being motivated by challenges; operating with integrity and honesty with all internal and external stakeholders; and exhibiting radical candor and extreme ownership.
In this role you will:
- Lead and rapidly scale a team of four US Sales Directors (3 for New Business Sales and 1 for Business Development) with ~dozen front-line managers and ~120 individual contributors
- In conjunction with our Global Sales VP, set the vision and growth strategy for our US New Business Sales team, from Inbound and Outbound Business Development to SMB and MM+, and outline a multi-year path to deliver exceptional outcomes
- Set ambitious revenue targets and create detailed plans to deliver, prioritizing efforts for maximum impact on customer and business outcomes
- Set a data-driven operational cadence to create pace in a fast-growth environment. Drive excellence in our sales motions, scaling our messaging and sales mechanics to increase efficiency and productivity
- Operate in Tandem with cross-functional teams in product, marketing, partnerships, solution architecture, finance, legal and customer success to deliver exceptional end-to-end customer experiences that translates into strong revenue growth
- Oversee all talent management and engagement aspects, in partnership with sales leadership, People Operations and Sales Enablement, to cultivate a culture of inclusivity, resiliency and integrity
- Continuously develop sales leadership by always leading from a place of empathy, partnership and expertise
- Deliver executive level presentations and business reviews to a variety of audiences
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
We're looking for candidates who have:
- 7+ years of sales management experience, experience at a hyper-growth SaaS company preferred
- 5+ years leading front-line sales managers and directors
- Proven ability to profitably and quickly scale revenue. Experience driving new business, cross selling to current customers, and driving retention. Previous experience growing revenue quickly at scale ($50-100M+) a strong plus
- A strategic go-to-market operator with an understanding of how to pull growth levers across product, marketing, partners, and success
- Proven ability to build customer empathy and provide input to product development to meet customer needs
- An exceptional leader with an ability to build and inspire high performing teams
- Demonstrated success operating in a cross functional environment and delivering outcomes
- Analytical/problem solving data-driven mindset
- Strong coaching skills and a growth-mindset that comes from a deep belief in the development of their team
- Results oriented, highly motivated, enthusiastic attitude and the ability to work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership and presentation presence to a variety of external and internal stakeholders
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The companys hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo.