With over 40 years of success, 3 Day Blinds has become the leading national retailer and manufacturer of quality custom made blinds, shades, draperies and shutters. We help transform our client's homes and workplaces by offering a wide variety of products that add beauty and comfort to every space. It takes a talented group of individuals to do what we do, and we do it together as One Team. We strive to create a culture of learning and opportunity, and most importantly, an environment where you can feel passionate and connected to your work every day.
Reporting to the Regional Sales Director, the District Sales Manager is responsible for building and leading a team of Design Consultants (DCs) who drive profitable revenue growth and delight our clients. Our District Sales Managers provide the leadership, training and support to our DCs, who are measured by their ability to close both company provided quality appointments and self-generate appointments, leading to lucrative earning potential.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- Annual base salary range: $100,000 - $120,000.
- Bonus incentive plan up to 25% of the base salary.
- Mileage reimbursement.
- In addition to competitive pay, you'll receive benefits including medical, dental, vision, time off with pay, and a 401(k) plan with a degree of employer matching.
- We provide short-term and long-term disability benefits at no cost to you! In addition, we offer company-paid life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance with opportunities to elect additional voluntary insurance plans as well.
- We offer eligible employees six weeks of paid parental leave to bond with a child following birth, adoption, or foster placement.
- Enjoy amazing discounts on our 3 Day Blinds products as well as access to various other exclusive discount.
- Please note, all offers presented to candidates are carefully crafted to ensure market competitiveness, equity, and reflect the individual candidate's education, experience, skills and potential.
We are looking for ambitious and driven people to join the team. We operate in a high-performance, and collaborative culture. If this sounds like it could be you, read on!
HOW YOU'LL CONTRIBUTE
- Managing the District in terms of achieving budget and sales targets through close rate, order size, lead generation and service recovery at the district level
- Instill accountability to individual DC sales/marketing activity, through daily interaction centered around constructive questioning & dialogue
- Develop & refine sales skills and techniques through effective facilitation of weekly DC meetings/conference calls
- Educate sales team on products, service offerings, and newest promotions
- Increase success rate of DCs generating appointments on their own and for which the DC earns additional compensation.
- Train and coach DCs to continuously improve Key Performance Metrics and increase their earnings through a combination of team training sessions and one-on-one interactions. Examples of Key Performance Metrics include Revenue per Appointment, 'First Time Right' and client satisfaction.
- Motivate & hold DCs accountable to capturing sales opportunities through networking, strategic business partnerships, business-to-business and client relationships, and targeted neighborhood canvassing
- Identify prospective client markets/hotspots and help develop creative strategies for selling into them
- Work with marketing department to help develop repeat programs which yield high self-generated lead returns
Recruiting & Retention:
- Build, develop, recruit and retain a winning team of active and aggressive DC's
- Meet sales hiring targets by partnering with our world class recruiting team and continuously prospecting for new DC talent
- Conduct annual appraisals of direct reports' performance and take corrective action as required
- Build a culture of success, recognition, learning and winning
ATTRIBUTES FOR SUCCESS
- Demonstrated passion for mentoring and coaching sales employees to success
- Ability to thrive in an interchangeable work environments where at times the needs may be in the field with your team and other times remotely in a work from home setting
- Strong and effective communication, analytical and presentation skills
- 5+ years of successful experience leading, motivating, and developing a highly dynamic and aggressive outside, in-home sales team
- Proven track record of success in meeting and exceeding sales objectives
- Ability to work flexible hours to participate in evening and weekend events
- Must possess strong communication skills, a strong worth ethic, high energy, enthusiasm, and the ability to coach and mentor others in a sales environment
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- Out of the box prospecting abilities
- Established professional network in local community