Sequel.io (fka Introvoke) is the only embeddable live event solution for integrated branded experiences. Our plug-and-play components allow any organization to turn its website into a digital stage. We empower brands of all sizes to create meaningful live event series, conferences, community platforms, employee engagement tools, and so much more right within their own websites. Companies of all sizes from startups to large enterprises like HP, Comcast NBC Universal, TIME, Barclays are choosing Sequel.io to realize their live communication strategies. Sequel.io is backed by top-tier VCs like Struck Capital, Javelin Partners and amazing angels from TIME, Allbirds, Hubspot and Resy.
Sequel.io is a San Francisco based company, but with a permanently remote global team. At Sequel.io we are not only committed to our company's growth, but also to our team culture and development since we are strong believers that happy humans build the greatest companies.
We are looking for a kickass content marketer to join our team and lead our brand growth by delivering incredible content that resonates and delivers value. As a natural storyteller with a strong strategic edge, you’ll be defining, creating, and editing lead-generation content with the goal of engaging our top-of-funnel audience and establishing our presence as a thought leader. This role is both hands-on and strategic, allowing you to flex your creative muscle and execute content to an exceptional level, driving high-quality work that has a mission-critical impact across the organization. You will have a lot of creative and operational freedom to build your vision, and you will have the support and assistance of an excellent and highly motivated team.
This position reports to our VP of Marketing and works closely with our CEO, meaning there are massive professional growth opportunities. The position is an excellent opportunity to contribute to a startup at the cutting-edge of live video technologies. We've taken a non-traditional path to success and we're looking for someone with the grit and flexibility to join our team.
In this role you will:
- Create and execute an inbound content strategy.
- Manage a team of freelance writers, developers, and creatives to successfully scale a robust content production operation
- Develop and edit a variety of content assets aligned to the personas and the buyer journey - including case studies, blog posts, ebooks, videos, infographics, white papers, email campaigns, and webinars.
- Manage multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Work with influencers and content contributors to grow our onsite content quality and social distribution.
- Collaborate with key leaders and subject matter experts both internally and externally to develop use case requirements for high-quality content that aligns to business outcomes.
- Drive thought leadership and respond to sales support content requests, whether you are creating it, editing it, or supporting other content needs on the team.
- Use a variety of analytics tools to monitor content performance and optimize its impact.
- Research and contribute creative ideas to support key content goals, such as increasing conversion rates in the sales funnel, growing blog subscribers and LinkedIn followers, growing inbound organic traffic, and more.
Note: This is a remote position.
- You are an accomplished content marketer with a proven ability to scale an SEO-focused operation
- You are a strategic thinker. You have the ability to see and communicate the big picture in a way that inspires your team and stakeholders.
- You are an experienced leader. You know how to grow brand awareness and product adoption like the back of your hand.
- You are creative, yet you have a data-driven mentality. You use numbers to drive your decision-making, but you also have an eye for design and creativity.
- You get s*** done. You will be asked to roll up your sleeves and join the team on the ground floor, documenting how we work, setting up processes, identifying our weaknesses and thereafter proactively leading by example.
- 5+ years of experience in Content, Customer Acquisition, and/or Growth Marketing
- BA in Marketing, Branding, or similar; or equivalent experience
- Experience activating social media and paid marketing channels
- Background working with and/or managing outsourced marketing and design teams or agencies
- Tech and data-savvy with marketing automation tools and comfortable diving into systems (Hubspot, Google Analytics, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and cross-functional skills to collaborate with Marketing, Sales, Product, and Engineering teams.
Bonus Points if you...
- Have a combination of experience working at startups or high growth businesses (ideally Series A to Series C)
- Have previously built up content marketing operations and systems
- Have previous experience with the following: B2B SaaS, advertising, media, design, creative industries.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays) - 25 paid vacation days per year because we believe time off is crucial to your overall happiness and wellbeing.
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Work From Home - We’ve been remote-first since 2019 and we know what it means to develop and support a permanently remote, global team.
- Co-working membership so that you can have a change of scenery.
- Competitive Salary & Stock Option Plan - You grow as the company grows.
- Free Food & Snacks - Yes, even remote we might send you a coffee or snack subscription.
- Best in class technology - In addition to a top-of-the-line work laptop, you’ll get a great home office set-up or a co-working membership in your city.
- Training & Development
- We’ll support your professional growth - That includes sending you to events that interest you, exposing you to areas of the business you want to explore, and more.