Partner Development Representative
Application Deadline: 28 February 2023
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Canada - Remote
Compensation: $100,000 / year
Who We Are:
We're an authentic team who bring our diverse backgrounds, ideas, experiences and cultures together to make payroll magic. Speaking of, we "pull rabbits out of hats" for 22,000 small business owners across the US and Canada who rely on our payroll software to pay their employees and process their taxes. And we're just getting started. At Wagepoint, we're good people. Sure, maybe we're biased. But that's only because Wagepointers bring the best versions of ourselves to do some of the best work in our careers. We're growing and looking for more awesome people to join our merry band of misfits. We are looking for people who share our understanding that when it comes to our commitment to our customers: we mean business. Especially given that the consequences of getting payroll wrong can sometimes be dire. If you are the kind of person who has always wanted to make a difference and be heard at work, Wagepoint will give you plenty of opportunities to do just that.
The role at a high level:
This role will be focused on growing our footprint at regional and national accounting firms across Canada and, generally, spreading Wagepoint happiness to new partners. We'll count on you to approach these firms from a place of empathy and understanding, so that you can better get to know them, their needs, and how Wagepoint can best help them grow their business with payroll, and bring on new payroll clients. You'll also help by making it easy for their clients to run their first payroll with Wagepoint, getting off on the right foot (more like a whole leg!). Our ideal candidate is a self-starter with reliable Spidey-senses and a track record of successful lead follow-up and business development. You will report directly to the Director of Sales & Strategic Accounts.
What you'll be doing:
- Developing an action plan to engage and attack your territory (National, Regional or Indies)
- Fearlessly hunt & convert new partners through network connections, industry events, existing connections, strategic conversations, etc.
- Track net new partner contact information and record all activities in our CRM
- Collaborating with our Marketing Specialists to develop effective messaging strategies for your talk tracks
- Provide partners with the necessary information & tools needed to make the transition
What you bring to the table:
- At least 3 years of B2B outbound sales experience
- Solid work ethic and proven time-management and prioritization capacity to deliver results and meet deadlines
- Track record of performance and success (i.e. history of exceeding objectives, steep progression, great network connections & industry involvement, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to hunt
- Exceptional communication skills spoken and written, combined with executive presence
- Experience selling payroll or HR is a strong asset
What we bring to the table:
- The opportunity to work with the world's friendliest team, solving interesting problems together.
- The ability to work from home, forever! Wagepoint is a remote company, so you don't have to worry about commuting to an office. Plus, more time with your pets is always a bonus!
- An autonomous work environment: We're a growing startup - so we'll be looking to you to roll up your sleeves and dive right in! No red tape, just bring your great ideas and your powerful work ethic.
- An endless amount of laughter - we don't take ourselves too seriously. We work hard, but we always have time for a bad joke or two.
- Salary is a base of $100,000 CAD + OTE
If all the above feels right and proper, please don't feel like you need to send us an uninspired cover letter. Just send us your updated resume and perhaps a few lines on what excites you about the job - we really want to get to know who you are, not just about how we can work together. If we believe you're a good match, someone from our team will reach out to schedule a call.
Wagepoint is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and appreciate all applicants with diverse backgrounds, races, religions, genders, identities, ages, experiences (the list goes on!). We are committed to making not only our workplace safe and inclusive for everyone, but also ensuring our recruitment process reflects that. We are a remote company, so there's no need to travel to an office for an interview, but if you require any special accommodation during our recruitment process, please let us know. We are more than happy to assist!