Senior Social Media and Events & Announcements Marketing Manager
Remote - 8am-5pm PST
Do you have great social media marketing and strategy chops? Want to be part of an amazing team, hell-bent on crafting a better future? We're always looking for creative people who are curious, have a growth mindset and are looking to help drive the future of social!
We're looking for a hybrid Senior Social Media and Events & Announcements (E&A) Marketing Manager to drive impact with one of our leading client teams. In this role, you will join the Designit team that supports Microsoft Cloud Marketing Social and Blog. This world-class, highly visible social team of more than 70 people operate 100+ social media channels and 20+ marketing blogs designed for developers, IT decision makers, IT implementers, and business decision makers. Each month, we publish over 3,000 social posts to help, inform, entertain, and engage community members across the globe. Azure, Power Platform, Dynamics 365, Microsoft 365, Microsoft Teams, SQL Server and Security are just a few examples of the 170 innovative products and services that comprise the Cloud Marketing Social and Blog ecosystem.
The Senior Social Media and E&A Marketing Manager is a hybrid role with responsibilities split to support the Blog and Social work stream (which helps stakeholders across Microsoft's cloud business leverage brand channels to drive impact through quality social content) and leads Events and Announcements (Microsoft Flagship and Tier 1 priorities) social media amplification activities.
In this role, you will partner with teams across Microsoft to develop amplification strategies and execute event + announcement efforts on social. The ideal candidate understands both paid and organic social strategy, can streamline processes and communications, and has strong foundational knowledge of primary social platforms to foster a more holistic approach. You should have strong business acumen and excel at strategic thinking, project management, problem solving, and collaborating across teams.
This individual enjoys serving stakeholders as a subject matter expert and successfully communicates and presents to senior level managers. This unique role is fitting for an innovative thinker who thrives in an ever-changing environment. A willingness to provide and receive constructive feedback from key stakeholders to help the team continuously improve is a must.
What you will do:
Subject Matter Expertise:
- Serve as a social media and blog key point of contact and events & announcements subject matter expert for stakeholders across the business and flex to different LOBs
- Partner with stakeholders across the business to offer social strategy, education and tactical guidance on events and announcements
- Continuously drive target audience insights to inform strategy planning
- Approve creative and copy for organic and paid social campaigns
- Stay up to date on existing and emerging social and blog platforms
- Lead and manage additional integrated marketing projects and initiatives as needed, based onteam priorities
- Provide stakeholders with strategic plans for organic and paid social media deployment
- Disseminate event + announcement information from intake briefs to inform, build and distribute social media amplification plans
- Lead event + announcement preparation and facilitate live team operations centers
- Collaborate with the Cloud Marketing Blog and Social Team including other workstreams within the Blog and Social ecosystem (blog, analytics, YouTube, community management), Integrated Marketing, other social teams across Microsoft, and Microsoft subsidiaries to ensure alignment on strategy for specific solution areas and amplify content through Cloud Marketing social media channels
- Create and advise on processes, governance, and best practices pertaining to demand generation via social and blog channels
- Oversee the Events and Announcements playbook, best practices, and cross-workstream process documentation
- Leverage social measurement tools and dashboards to compile data from several social media platforms and ingest into monthly social and blog ecosystem reports, including analysis for insights, optimizations, and future strategy development
- Own the execution of social amplification programming supporting demand generation assets and campaigns
- Facilitate content review and distribution, editorial planning, communication and support between event stakeholder partners and Cloud Marketing team members
- Triage escalations from stakeholders to the appropriate Cloud Marketing workstream, such as analytics, blog, copy and creative, YouTube, and community management; partner with Cloud Marketing team members to ensure successful mitigation
- Measure and report performance against goals and objectives, and collaborate with analytics resources to interpret data into actionable insights. This may include monthly reports, organic/paid campaign reports, ad hoc reporting, and social listening and competitor observations and recommendations
- Manage agency partners and coordinate with multiple vendors and teams for day-to-day execution
- Work with graphic design and copywriting team to concept and execute social media creative assets
- Partner with internal and external teams across YouTube, Programming and Community Management to facilitate social and blog execution
- Support business and operations efforts, including team meetings, workshops, and fiscal planning
What you bring:
- 7+ years of marketing experience
- 2+ years of experience managing social media programs and strategy
- 2+ years of experience with social scheduling and monitoring tools (Preferably Sprinklr)
- 2+ years of experience managing and executing events and related activities
- 1+ year of creative and/or copywriting experience
- Experience growing and managing a team with a focus on professional development and growth for direct reports
- Subject matter expertise in the use of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, etc.) with a strong understanding of the digital marketing landscape
- Ability to work successfully with diverse groups of stakeholders across companies to ensure successful planning, execution, and reporting
- A high degree of skill at interpreting data to inform strategy and provide actionable insights
- A customer service mindset when working with stakeholders
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Teams
- Microsoft experience a plus
- Social listening experience a plus
Who you are:
- You are passionate about social media and B2B technology
- You have top-notch interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills; you communicate effectively with stakeholders, team members, and senior managers
- You manage ambiguity with unwavering persistence; you drive workgroups to consensus and meaningful outcomes
- You are collaborative to the core, with a demonstrated ability to work in a team environment as a leader and a member
- You are a highly proactive, highly organized, self-starter capable of effectively managing several projects simultaneously with impeccable attention to detail.
- You are self-sufficient: you can work with little direct supervision, but you know when to ask for help
- You are highly motivated to accomplish recurring tasks and solve problems with strong focus and follow-through
- You demonstrate positivity and optimism
- You are comfortable working remotely
Would you like to join a global organization that...
- Embraces work-life balance – our employees' well-being remains a top priority for us
- Promotes a culture of learning and advocacy across the globe - diversity will enable us to strengthen our impact
- Encourages innovation and experimentation
- Understands that changes will occur and adaptability is crucial to assist when it does
- Emphasizes and rewards collaboration
- Works remotely. We continue to safeguard the health of our employees so our interviewing and on-boarding process will remain virtual until further notice
$100,000 - $115,000
This compensation range is indicative of the role. Compensation offered is on the basis of evaluation during interview process, the candidates range and depth of experience, business and market financials and internal pay parity.
Want to know more?
Check us out at https://www.designit.com/ .
Just so you know, we don't have a dress code, but we do have a strict no jerk policy.
Designit is committed to ensuring that all candidates have an equal opportunity to be considered for employment. Please let us know if you need any reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process.