SEO Specialist at Booster Apps
About the job
What will you be responsible for?
- Record 2-4 videos per week on SEO best practices and recommendations.
- Write 1-2 blog posts per week about SEO targeted toward Shopify merchants
- Have thoughtful, personalized conversations with Booster Apps merchants through zoom calls and email.
- Identify SEO pain points in the app for merchants and work to recommend solutions to improve overall performance and onboarding
- Act as a point of contact for SEO knowledge for internal team members while sharing best practices, solutions, and recommendations
- Work closely with the Technical support team on problems and troubleshooting
- Lead internal team training on SEO best practices and how-to sessions
- Contribute toward a strong culture of customer success that is centered around helping merchants boost their online sales
- Solve SEO problems that arise – and document solutions
Who you are
- You have a deep understanding of Search Engine Optimization and web marketing techniques and best practices
- You have a strong portfolio that matches the kind of style we’re looking for in videos (screencast/talking head)
- You can take difficult concepts and condense them into a simple, digestible format for people of all knowledge levels to understand
- You have a strong passion for no-nonsense content for lay people
- You’re a creator at heart, comfortable on camera with a confident and engaging personality
- You’re self-driven with an entrepreneurial approach and work autonomously with limited guidance
- 2+ years of applicable experience in an SEO role. We’ll want to hear about your experience in digital marketing and best practices when it comes to On-Page and Off-Page SEO
- Terms like “SERP, Index meta tags, alt text, sitemap, Image Compression, Rel=canonical and JSON-LD” excite you!
- 1+ years experience recording educational content videos and writing blog content
- Knowledge of iMovie or similar video editing software is a plus
- Be tech-savvy and comfortable with working remotely.
- Have an entrepreneurial, self-motivating attitude with plenty of grit, analytical prowess, and resourcefulness to get 💩 done.
- Be empathetic and enthusiastic about solving problems and helping others.
Nice to have, but not required:
- Shopify experience
- eCommerce experience
- Shopify experience
❤️ Things we love:
- Living by our GAINS core values of Growth Mindset, Analyze Before Assuming, Iterate & Improve, Nurture Relationships, and Scrappy.
- Helping over 1M Shopify merchants who have installed our software
- Having a stress free work environment!
🤮 Things we avoid: