Position Title: Digital Content Writer - Remote option
Department: Marketing & PR
This position may be performed remotely anywhere within the United States except the States of Arizona, California, Connecticut, Illinois, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, or Washington D.C.
We are looking for an experienced Digital Content Writer to assist in the planning, execution and optimization of our online marketing efforts and who is passionate about driving digital engagement. The ideal candidate will have a passion for all things writing, marketing, SEO and digital technology. You will be well-versed in the concepts surrounding digital content writing best practices. Your skills will be used for writing blogs, social media content, digital internal communications and more.
Responsibilities listed in this section are core to the position. Inability to perform these responsibilities with or without an accommodation may result in disqualification from the position.
- Assist in the formulation of strategies to build a lasting digital connection with internal and external consumers
- Collaborate closely with the marketing team and stakeholders to develop content that accurately reflects OU Health ideals, visions, goals, and programs.
- Produce well-researched content and perform stakeholder interviews as needed to develop content for both new and existing areas
- Use search engine optimization (SEO) strategies in writing to maximize the online visibility of a website in search results
- Adhere to project plan dates, collaborating with other members of the team to ensure timely delivery of all editorial deliverables
- Prepare online newsletters and promotional emails and organize their distribution through various channels
- Collaborate on and write website and blog content
- Collaborate on social media content for patient-facing and non-patient facing social media accounts
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor's degree required. Degree in Marketing, Digital Media, Communications, or a related field preferred.
Experience: Two or more years of related experience in digital content marketing and/or digital content creation.
Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven experience as a Digital Marketing Copywriter or similar role
- Proficient with the use of Microsoft Office tools
- Experience with digital content tools for measurement and analysis of SEO and other key performance indicators
- Excellent as a copy and content writer
- Excellent understanding of digital marketing concepts and best practices
- Experience with B2C social media, email campaigns and SEO/SEM
- Skills and experience in creative content writing
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills, critical thinking skills, and the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to write and publish under short deadlines, and/or in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to use analytics to determine target audience behavior and interpret website and other marketing tactics
Current OU Health Employees - Please click HERE to login.
OU Health is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, 401(k), medical and dental plans, and many more. We know that a total benefits and compensation package, designed to meet your specific needs both inside and outside of the work environment, create peace of mind for you and your family.