Do you have a gift for helping others see a vision for a better future? Do you have a passion for marketing and advertising? Do you naturally find people open up and share their challenges, opportunities, hopes and dreams with you? Do you love, love, love finding the win-win? Are optimism, honesty and integrity the first traits others use to describe you?
If that’s you, let's talk.
As the account executive, you’ll have a direct impact on our success. You are charged with driving business development and revenue growth for Brilliant Metrics.
You’ll do this by identifying, qualifying and nurturing strategic relationships with potential clients and referral partners, thereby developing a strong pipeline of new business opportunities through direct or indirect contact and prospecting. You will research and analyze current and future business opportunities, and work with marketing and service development teams to implement business development initiatives. Ultimately, you will negotiate, close and successfully pass new business relationships to the account management team.
- Engage in outbound sales efforts across various mediums – including phone, email and social – to develop and nurture relationships with target personas within a defined and maintained target account list.
- Refine, document and follow a repeatable sales process, guiding prospects through a honed cadence of meetings and commitments to become long-term clients of Brilliant Metrics.
- Remain responsive to prospects by returning emails, texts and calls promptly.
- Provide the onboarding account management team with the information they need to smoothly onboard the account, maintaining momentum and continuity for the new client.
- Ensure the CRM system contains accurate and up-to-date information and notes to ensure consistent marketing support, maximum efficiency and business continuity, coordinating with the sales admin on data quality projects, as needed.
- Collaborate with marketing on demand generation strategy and tactics, and provide feedback on quantity and quality of leads generated.
- Sales is a team sport, and your team includes other disciplines within Brilliant Metrics, such as account management, accounting and marketing resources. In other words, only team players need apply!
To be successful in this role, you need:
- 4+ years in a "hunter" sales capacity, i.e., actively engaged in outbound activities to gain new business. We don't need "farmers," a.k.a. account managers - you will hand newly-signed accounts to them. We don't need managers to oversee others on the sales team. A “hunter” seeks out new opportunities that are not yet secured and fosters relationships to close long-term deals.
- 2+ years in sales for a digital marketing agency with demonstrated track record of results.
- Fluency in the language of business and marketing, along with all the terminology and concepts that go with it. You must know how executives make complex and high-dollar business decisions to walk them through our front door for a long-term relationship.
- High levels in all of the following soft skills: Listening, networking, persuasion, honesty, integrity, prospecting, research, writing, closing, sales planning, market and industry knowledge, self-motivation, professionalism, hyper-organization, empathy, creative problem solving, accountability, positive attitude, smart and adaptable.
- Significant working experience with CRM systems, Microsoft PowerPoint/Google Slides and Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets.
To work with us, you need:
- To embody all of our core values.
- A space to work. Some place in your home or good coworking space (at your expense) where the background behind your workspace appears professional and you have the ability to hold confidential conversations without interruption by family, friends or similar distractions.
- Daycare. If dependents - young, elderly, disabled, other - will be in the same residence during work time and they are unable to care for themselves (i.e. you would not comfortably leave them alone/unattended for 8+ uninterrupted hours), another adult must be present and responsible for their care and supervision.
- A fast and reliable internet connection. You need a minimum internet speed of 5M down / 2M up so you're not frequently freezing or disconnecting during video conferences.
- A daily work location within the United States (military spouses with a documented permanent US-based legal residence, please apply). Sorry protectorates, but our payroll service only serves the 50 states. This is a W-2 position; we are not able to convert to a 1099 relationship for applicants that do not meet this geographic requirement.
Why Brilliant Metrics
Here at Brilliant Metrics, we believe every day is an opportunity to be better – for our team, for our clients and for marketers everywhere. If you want to move forward while helping others break through to the next level, this is the place for you.
We are different from other agencies…
Brilliant Metrics continues to grow because of the deep relationships we develop with our clients. We help them grow as marketers while working together to continuously improve results. This gives them more budget and reason to refer us to others.
But that’s not the only way we are different. We also:
- Help our clients focus on building long-term marketing programs, not flashy one-off campaigns.
- Eagerly enable and train clients to take work in-house when it's in their best interests to do so.
- Contribute insights and consulting tangential to marketing.
- Offer unified reporting, combining media and engagement data from multiple sources into a simple and powerful report.
- Never mark up media, ensuring interests remain aligned at any budget.
B2B marketing leaders turn to us when they want to expand their team’s capabilities, knowledge and technology – to ultimately grow results and impact.
Why should you choose Brilliant Metrics?
- The work - we help our team grow and learn new skills. Our goal is for you to grow as an individual, and through that, you add value to the team.
- The values - we live by core values that are expected of all employees, at every level - from CEO to newest teammate.
- The Flexibility - We want our team to be the best, in whatever way works for them. We offer generous flexibility in schedule, time off and an overall commitment to support our team.
- People First - We all have jobs to do and are expected to do them well. That said, we put people first - you are not a cog in a larger machine, but an important contributor to our overall success.
What do you get in exchange for working with Brilliant Metrics?
- An opportunity to get into a small, nimble organization and help shape the business with a collaborative team.
- Schedule flexibility for most roles.
- Outstanding medical, dental and vision options.
- Basic life.
- 401(k) with org contribution.
- Short-term disability.
- Hospital indemnity.
- Accidental injury.
- Charitable donation matching.
- Flexible and generous paid time off.
- Internet reimbursement.
- Full-time telecommuting.