About Whisker Labs
We're on a mission to save lives and property, leading the next wave in smart home technology and fire prevention with Ting. This intelligent sensor and concierge service monitors a home's electrical network to detect electrical hazards that often lead to the most devastating and catastrophic fires. While on the job preventing fires inside a home, Ting also helps monitor the electrical grid, contributing to increased community fire safety and reduced environmental impact that comes with fire reduction. We're steadfastly addressing the long-underserved realm of electrical fire prevention with leading-edge technology and embarking on the next stage of our growth. Visit tingfire.com for more information.
About the Role:
We need your leadership and hands-on talent to help with all aspects of our marketing function, from product and brand to corporate marketing. As a startup, there's no shortage of challenging work. We 'wear several hats' yet are laser-focused on our mission to reduce risk and save lives and property. This meaningful work naturally requires marketing to and engaging channel partners as well as consumers. If you have seasoned marketing chops and envision yourself rolling up your sleeves and contributing to this type of environment, please read on.
As an ideal candidate and marketing athlete: you're smart, creative, and fully engaged, with excellent people and communication skills and the ability to lead and collaborate with and take direction from the executive team. You'll have diverse leadership and day-to-day responsibilities spanning several aspects of our marketing function and work with stakeholders to continue scaling alongside other key functions, including bringing on and managing new resources, vendors, and technologies as needed to address changing needs and priorities.
- Creating, shaping, and publishing engaging content
- Work closely with internal and external marketing team members to develop and manage an editorial calendar of content and communications
- Creating, recommending, and implementing marketing programs and campaigns
- Using our integrated email marketing platform to drive automation, customer engagement, and key business metrics
- Developing requirements with internal business partner teams to identify opportunities for further automating the user experience - and delighting each customer
- Ensuring regular collection of customer feedback across touchpoints, including NPS
- Planning, coordinating, and executing key industry events for the company and with partners where required
- Managing website and social media properties and engagement
- Driving the development and management of a marketing budget
- Assisting with PR/communications strategy and requirements
- Proven ability to drive both strategy and tactics aligned to growth targets/outcomes
- Produce effective content pillars, email marketing programs, and associated assets such as whitepapers, blog entries, eBooks, and videos.
- Experience with marketing automation tools/platforms, e.g., ActiveCampaign, HubSpot, or equivalent platform (especially concerning campaigns, leads, and reporting)
- Strong understanding of digital communication strategies, both written and visual, deliver-ability, and segmentation practices
- Ability to communicate and present metrics effectively to support strategic recommendations
- Strong analytical skills and a solid understanding of data and how to put data to work
- Proficient in Word, Excel (including pivot tables), PowerPoint, Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop, and other SaaS productivity tools
- BA/BS in business, marketing, or related field is required, with at least 5 to 7 years of marketing communications, direct marketing, and product marketing or related experience.
- Experience with technical products, including consumer electronics, is desired; D2C experience is a plus for our B2B2C go-to-market.
- Prior experience in a startup or smaller firm is preferred, or alternately, a strong desire to leap into this type of environment and a great understanding of what that means.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary + equity
- Freedom ability to make, own, and carry out decisions
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
Whisker Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.