Headquarters: Arlington, VA
Marginal Revolution University (MRU), a project of the Mercatus Center at George Mason University, is on a mission to increase economic literacy and needs your help! This position is remote-friendly.
MRU produces classroom resources (lesson plans, videos, interactive practice, etc.) for high school teachers, university professors, and students. Our goal is to make economics as engaging as possible and utilize the insights from cognitive science to boost learning outcomes.
We’re hiring a Director of Marketing to join our team. We are looking for a self-directed individual who can bounce between the 10-thousand-foot view of marketing strategy and the 3-inch view of proper execution. One day you’ll be coming up with creative ways to get people interested in economic concepts and the next you’ll be diving into the analytics to see how our latest experiment fared.
You’ll have some great assets to leverage: 300k YouTube subscribers, hundreds of engaging videos, creative econ nerd paraphernalia, a strong search ranking on YouTube and Google, plus a big email list. Most importantly, you’ll join a small, scrappy team who is passionate about communicating economics and have the creative skills to pull off big ideas. Not to mention, you’ll get to work with some of the best economists in the world!
- Owning our overall marketing strategy to reach more teachers (particularly at the high school level)
- Executing email marketing, SEO, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, ads, mailers, and conference strategies
- Developing key partnerships to reach high school and university educators
- Managing, implementing, and analyzing marketing experiments; running our monthly analytics meeting
- Protecting and improving the MRU brand; giving final sign-off on all marketing copy, creative, etc.
- Building an effective marketing team (leveraging internal resources, contractors, and recruiting future employees)
- A passion for bringing education to millions of students
- Curiosity and passion for life-long learning
- At least 5 years of proven marketing experience
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- An experimental and analytical mindset; comfortable launching and analyzing online experiments
- Experience with funnel-based analytics
- Mastery of digital marketing tactics (email marketing, social media, ads, SEO)
- Track-record of success in building audiences
Nice to have:
- Experience marketing to high school teachers and administrators
- Interest and familiarity with economics
- Experience with event marketing
Benefits (to name a few…):
- Health and dental insurance coverage (which includes paying 100% of individual health and dental insurance premium)
- A flexible, professional, open office environment that encourages innovation and entrepreneurship
- Unlimited paid time off
- Long-term disability, life insurance, 403(b) retirement savings program, and so much more
- 12 free credit hours per semester at George Mason University!