We are a small and growing online marketplace named Stockabl. Stockabl helps artisan entrepreneurs sell their products to independent retailers. Our processes are continuing to evolve and this is a great opportunity to learn and grow. The ideal candidate is comfortable working in an agile, iterative environment.
This is a unique role in that it combines several skills and project types in one role. Our first focus area is marketing and enhancing existing member value. Here are some of the activities you will be performing in this role:
- Managing existing partner relationships to drive value and provide helpful resources from our partners for our members.
- Managing and updating our social media posts, blogs, etc. to highlight our artisan entrepreneurs. This includes simple graphic designs as needed for posts.
- Designing and writing our Artisan entrepreneur internal newsletter for members.
- Writing articles, tips and tricks, etc to help our members better use our platform and build their business.
- Working on projects that continue to increase our member value.
- Identifying additional opportunities to increase member value.
Our second area is PR/Outreach opportunities. Here are some of the activities you will be performing in this role:
- Managing outreach and PR to help drive traffic to the marketplace for independent retailers and artisan entrepreneurs.
- Coordinating social media postings for obtained PR through our various social channels.
- A strong writer. You’re a professional, warm, effective writer and communicator. You enjoy the creative process of writing.
- Solutions-minded. You’re constantly looking for things that are out of place or could be improved and coming up with ideas to improve them.
- Self-motivated and self-managing. You manage your own schedule and goals and are happy working remotely, on your laptop.
- Adaptable and coachable. You are excited to learn new skills and get better over time. You are great at communicating with a team on successes and challenges in the work. You ask questions if you're not clear on what you need to do. You have a can-do attitude.
- Interested in owning and growing processes. You love being relied upon to own a process and enjoy continuous improvement.
- Able to design simple graphics and layouts. You enjoy the creative process and are able to create simple graphics to support your writing where needed. You are comfortable and familiar with Canva.
- Interested in the handmade industry. If you aren’t already an artisan entrepreneur, you are interested in the challenges of being in this industry. You have a strong empathy for what it’s like to support small businesses.
- Already have basic experience in marketing. You have at least 2 years marketing experience, and are excited to expand your skills in this area.
- Looking for flexible working hours. You may already have a full-time job and are looking for a side hustle, or are working a few different part-time jobs. You are willing to work with us to figure out a work schedule that works for both parties. This role is ideal for a digital nomad.
Rate: $20-25 per hour
Employment structure: This role is a part-time, fully remote, flexible, hourly Independent Contractor position. We expect you will spend 10-15 hours per week in this role. There are opportunities to grow in this role over time depending upon your interest.
We need you to have the right to work in the United States so that we can pay your properly according to US law. You will also need a US address. You do not have to physically live in the United States (i.e. digital nomad).
We warmly welcome applicants from a broad diversity of backgrounds, religions, identities, and experiences, including people of color, veterans, military spouses, individuals with disabilities, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, and parents.