About the role
GVI is an award-winning social enterprise with four brands in its portfolio: GVI People, GVI Planet, Bushwise Field Guides, and Impact Academy. We connect our participants around the world with communities and wildlife in incredible locations. With us, you get to meet like-minded people, learn from organisations that are protecting our natural world and empowering other humans, and find your purpose.
We are looking for a mid-weight Content Creator who will take GVI’s global success to the next level on our social media. In this role, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining content plans for multiple social platforms, delivering on an ambitious social media strategy. The position requires extraction and analysis of social data in order to report back to the business and evolve your content based on these insights.
The ideal candidate is an ambitious digital native, comfortable working across social platforms and active on your own accounts. This is a new and unique role and you have a massive opportunity to be part of shaping the future of GVI’s content marketing with your excellent content.
A mid-weight candidate who has exciting experience in creating digital and social media marketing content.
You are creative, intelligent and engaged with youth culture. You want to showcase and develop your marketing skills through application in the fast-evolving social media space.
You enjoy travel, culture and wildlife, and you want access to amazing content in those areas. You’re not happy doing what’s always been done – you want to research, invent and test ideas in collaboration with other talented people.
This is a new and unique role, best suited to an individual who is highly organised, able to communicate well, honest and empathetic. You will create and manage content for multiple social platforms and campaigns so you must be able to work independently, handling many tasks simultaneously, and collaborating within a team of ambitious and motivated creators. You should be willing to appear on GVI’s social feeds.
What you will do
- Be one of our internal experts on organic social media content, platforms, developments and trends
- Bring the latest insights and best practices to GVI to help grow our social reach and engagement
- Create content to maximise our audiences on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter, with a special focus on rapid expansion on Instagram and TikTok
- Collaborate with our Video Strategist to develop social video content, particularly for Instagram, TikTok and YouTube
- Contribute to social media strategies to roll out channel strategies, major stories and campaigns
- Stay on top of emerging and as yet unutilised platforms at GVI (like Discord) and be ready to create quickly when it’s right
- Actively monitor social media for breaking news and trending topic opportunities and respond by generating, editing, and publishing content to join these conversations quickly
- Be proactive with suggesting and testing new content ideas and formats to help drive rapid growth and engagement
- Uphold GVI’s ethics and values in all content created
- Support, train and advise GVI staff on social media best practices when required
- Engage with GVI staff to generate content
- Be immersed in our audience demographic – Gen Zers predominantly in the UK and US – so you speak their language authentically and create content that resonates with them
- Be passionate about all things GVI and content our audience is sharing, liking, recommending and talking about
- Pull and analyse social data, and generate reports to demonstrate ROI
- Support the Community Manager to elevate GVI’s customer service on social when required
- Support the PPC Specialist and wider marketing team on content tasks that could fall outside organic social media
- Work closely with the Social Media Strategist, Social Media Community Manager and Digital Marketing Intern to ensure GVI’s social presence is supporting our marketing goals
What you will need
- Extensive knowledge of Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube as well as a familiarity with other current digital platforms Discord
- Excellent attention to detail and understanding of how people interact with content on different social platforms
- Excellent understanding of a Gen Z audience, specifically US/UK
- Excellent instinct to spot stories – able to jump on trends and conversations quickly
- Great visual eye for briefing and reviewing design and video
- Ability to write sharp, clean copy
- Organised, efficient, and with good attention to detail
- An appreciation for the complex issues that surround working in a social enterprise – you must be able to join conversations around conservation, social justice and identity politics among others in ways that represent GVI’s ethics
Skills and qualifications:
- 3+ years’ experience working on social media campaigns
- Extensive experience working in Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube
- An excellent portfolio of work
- Degree or diploma in digital marketing, communication, advertising, design or similar
- Experience with scheduling and reporting tools – social listening is advantageous
GVI is an international multi-award-winning social enterprise on a mission to build a global network of people united by their passion to make a difference. We run programs in 13 countries worldwide aligned to the objectives of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
GVI is a platform for personal growth, and our staff have the ability to develop themselves across teams, departments, and even locations! We value passion, authenticity, entrepreneurship and innovation and treat all of our stakeholders with respect and compassion above everything else.
You can find out more about the types of work we do, and who we are as an organization here.
Please submit your CV, Cover Letter, Portfolio and link to your LinkedIn profile.
Please note: We will do our utmost to respond to all applicants, however, given the large volume of applications we receive, this isn't always possible. If you do not hear back from us within three-four weeks, please take it that on this occasion your application was unsuccessful.