Headquarters: Portland, Oregon USA
We’re a small (remote) software consultancy that has been around the block for a few decades. Most of our team members are software engineers that are working on client projects each day and we’ve not had anyone in a full-time marketing role for a little over a year. As a result, we’ve struggled to keep a consistent schedule of producing, editing, and publishing content to our various channels. We’re ready to recruit someone who can help us get things on track and guide us through some transitions in our service offerings.
We’re seeking a Digital Marketing Coordinator who can keep their own projects moving forward while also coordinating a few internal (and external) people who are contributing content and/or research for specific aspects to our marketing engine. We outsource small projects/tasks to specialists where we can. You’d be keeping track of progress across initiatives, helping remove bottlenecks, producing content, and making recommendations for improvements. This role will report directly to our CEO (again, we’re a small company).
Here are a few examples of projects we have in mind for this role in the near future.
- Migrate content materials and subscription lists from Hubspot to ConvertKit.
- Refresh our sales materials (example: we have a few PDFs we share with prospective clients after our first few calls).
- Help us promote our first online technical conference.
- Develop a sponsorship package offering for a podcast that we produce so that we can begin to monetize it.
- Ensure our marketing process & workflow documentation is regularly updated.
- Help us continue to improve our brand’s awareness within our current technology communities.
- Manage a content calendar that attracts a qualified audience (blogging, reports, infographics, surveys, webinars, white papers, etc.)
- Look for opportunities to ”remix” our content into different formats. (examples: turning blog posts into short slideshow videos, webinars, twitter threads, outbound sales emails etc.)
- Provide quality control of leads that external lead researcher(s) are finding for us to feed into our outbound sales efforts.
- Conduct regular check-ins with part-time content writers, editors, and lead researchers to provide feedback and/or adjust their objectives (example: if we need to identify leads for a new service offering).
- Ensure that our external audio editor and social media content producer have what they need to keep episodes flowing on a regular cadence.
- Build and interact with external partners and marketers to help distribute content that educates our target audience while supporting our marketing goals.
- Run promotional campaigns for our Shopify store products (we sell stickers and t-shirts!)
- Explore ways to identify and engage new social networks to reach target customers (should we be on TikTok?).
- Build friendly relationships with our “competitors” so that we can refer to work that we can’t take on at the moment and/or are vice-versa.
- Create, plan, run, and track regular social campaigns.
- Keep the team updated with regular reporting on the success, failures, and lessons from our experiments.
- Keep an eye on our on-page SEO and search engine rankings to make sure we’re regularly optimizing existing content.
- Track what our cost-per-acquisition is and help us improve this.
- Solicit client testimonials and keep our project portfolio updated to better share our processes and successes with potential clients.
- Craft landing pages and lead generation forms for content to distribute through organic and paid programs.
- Help us promote our open job ads in relevant communities, discussion groups, social media channels, etc.
- Increase inbound leads by converting web traffic through calls-to-action, landing pages, and other lead generation content.
- Help us identify the other bullet points that we're likely to be missing here.
- Optimize our marketing automation and lead nurturing processes through email, content, and social channels.
- A little bit of PR — help us connect with journalists/media outlets to place stories, initiatives, and announcements.
- ~3+ years in the field of digital marketing
- Ability to be moderately autonomous on a day-to-day basis.
- Experience in marketing automation and smart list optimization to build and optimize the right nurturing tracks.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment.
- Can create pivot tables like a champ and is knowledgeable with reporting tools (Google Analytics, Hubspot, Excel/Spreadsheets).
- Ability to extract meaning and suggest action items from data, not just report metrics.
- Deep understanding of web-related behaviors and trends and ability to optimize for these.
- Confident, outgoing, and with a predisposition to teach others.
- A natural curiosity and skepticism, helping lead you to experiment in the name of improvement.
Most importantly, we're looking for developers that embody our core values:
- PROACTIVE - We actively seek opportunities to improve our clientʼs products, our processes, and our abilities.
- CURIOUS - A natural curiosity for the undiscovered results in remarkable work for our clients – and stronger connections for our team. We ask questions, learn, and aren't afraid to fail.
- DEPENDABLE - We are invested in our work. We manage expectations. We support our clients and teammates. We hold ourselves, our teammates, and our clients accountable.
- VERSATILE - We readily adapt to change and encourage innovation because our team and work are transparent and flexible.
- DELIGHTFUL - We choose to set a mindful, positive tone that allows everyone to flourish.
- Responses from freelancers, design studios or recruiters offering their services will be ignored.
New hires are immediately eligible to receive the following benefits:
- Health, Dental & Vision insurance (Planet Argon pays 80% of premium)
- 7 paid Company holidays each calendar year
- Paid vacation time that would be earned during the first 90 days of employment
After 90 days of employment, you will also be eligible to receive these additional benefits:
- Full availability of paid vacation that increases with your length of employment
- 5 days of sick time each calendar year
- SIMPLE IRA with 3% of employee salary match;
- Family Leave policy
- Health & Wellness Program
- Home Office Furniture Stipend
- Home Internet Connection payments
- Short-Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance
- Charity Matching
- Participation in our flexible work time policies
The salary for this position is capped at $72,500/year.
We will perform background checks and request professional references from finalist candidates.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.