Headquarters: Los Angeles, California, United States
In pursuit of equitable education for all, TutorMe provides 24/7 high-dosage tutoring to over a million students in thousands of school districts and higher education institutions coast to coast. As the leading online tutoring solution since 2015, TutorMe helps make academic success more attainable by giving learners access to 1-on-1 live support in hundreds of subjects and expert essay reviewers for in-depth feedback on papers. Named one of Built In's 2022 Best Places to Work™ and certified as a Great Place to Work®, TutorMe cultivates an inclusive, people-first work culture. As the explosive demand for virtual learning draws more learners to TutorMe, we're expanding our fully remote team of talented individuals to help us democratize world-class academic support!
We're seeking a passionate, driven, and collaborative Vice President of Sales to build on our momentum in the market and take our growth from rapid to explosive. As VP of Sales, you'll own all new bookings, leading our team and defining our sales strategy to achieve our growth targets. The ideal candidate is a hands-on leader with a proven track record in building, recruiting, and scaling high-performing, diverse sales teams in educational technology. As a key member of the TutorMe leadership team reporting directly to the CEO, you'll collaborate closely with other organizational leaders to define our plans for continued growth and impact.
Ultimately, your mission is to drive our revenue from low eight figures to nine figures over the next several years.
What You'll Be Doing
- Lead our national sales team, with 15+ people reporting up to you out of the gate. You'll work closely with our SDR Manager and Director of Sales to lead your team with empathy and a focus on results
- Hire, mentor, and coach your remote team to meet their personal and our business goals; you'll be doubling the team size over the next year while attracting talented, values-aligned people who will advance our mission
- Spearhead the design and implementation of team structures, skill-based coaching, and career planning, resulting in a healthy and high-performing team that hits targets consistently
- Refine and support repeatable, consultative sales processes that drive desired outcomes, and constantly identify improvements to the approach
- Take accountability for achieving our new bookings target by owning how to shape your team's focus and strategy to grow pipeline and improve win rates while fostering a "lean startup" style environment of constant experimentation and learning
- Cultivate senior relationships with key targets and top accounts across different verticals
- Work closely with our Proposal Manager to research, draft, and win RFP opportunities; strategically discern which RFP opportunities will net a positive ROI by focusing on those that align with TutorMe's value proposition
- Further develop and refine outside sales and conference strategies
- Use metrics to define and measure leading indicators of probability and course corrections required to meet financial and strategic sales goals
- Leverage systems and processes to effectively and accurately forecast bookings, manage pipeline, track deal status, and manage other key metrics
- Collaborate cross-functionally with all members of our leadership team to ensure the success of TutorMe
- Team up with Marketing and CX to align on go-to-market goals, drive revenue opportunities, and secure new partnerships
- Partner closely with the Customer Success team to ensure a seamless hand-off and onboarding process for every new partner
- Work together with our Product and Engineering teams to surface feedback, explore product development initiatives to improve our close rates, and drive successful outcomes for customers
- 10+ years of B2B sales experience (preferably in EdTech) with a proven record of closing complex, high-value deals
- 6+ years of sales leadership experience attracting, hiring, and coaching great talent
- 2+ years leading a sales team in the K-12 and/or Higher Ed space
- People you've managed still consider you a mentor and have gone on to do big things; many of them would work with you again in a heartbeat
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time as determined by strategic priorities
- Experience building school- and district-level relationships through selling and/or account management
- Understanding of the K-12 space across traditional public, private, and charter schools, and when you don't know something, you find ways to figure it out
- Creative and eager to drive experiments in different sales approaches; you love listening to calls, reading between the lines on what customers are truly saying, and ideating with the team on a better approach
- Ability to toggle between 30K foot view to strategize/plan and the deep weeds to execute
- Belief in servant leadership; you're willing to work in the trenches and take pride in the ongoing coaching and development of your teammates; you constantly look for ways to make everyone better at what they do
- Demonstrated ownership of all aspects of your pipeline; experience managing and closing complex sales cycles
- Comfortable leading remote teams, and believe that it's the future of work; you embrace asynchronous communication and work hard to help your team achieve an ideal flow
- Embrace consultative sales approach with customer success at the forefront (i.e. The Challenger Customer)
- Outstanding communicator, both verbally and in writing with a bias to inbox zero; you naturally document plans for transparency so future employees can quickly get up to speed
- Experience with Salesforce to manage performance and reporting
- Background as a classroom educator and/or school administrator is a plus
- Proactive, entrepreneurial style; eager to take initiative in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excited to help improve student success outcomes in education
- Something else? Wonderful, we're curious to learn more about you!
- Competitive base salary, excellent commission structure, & 401(k) matching
- Generous vacation, holiday, and sick PTO
- Top-notch health, dental, and vision insurance
- Access to an annual wellness credit and on-demand mental health support
- 120 hours of online tutoring per year for you and your family (10 hours per month)
- 100% remote work environment; we will provide you with all the tools you need to be successful
- Mobile phone stipend and work from home allowance
- Monthly DoorDash stipend and DashPass membership
- Opportunity to be a key player at a high growth start-up that's helping students nationwide get the academic support they need
- We love to learn! All TutorMe team members have access to numerous professional and personal development opportunities
If you are not sure that you're 100% qualified, but you're up for the challenge—we encourage you to apply!
We recognize that diversity drives innovation, so we proudly cultivate a diverse, inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to join our team of passionate professionals.
*Colorado residents are excluded from this opportunity.