We are a rapidly growing, dedicated team of financial engineers, mathematicians, software developers and visionaries working together to transform the field of wealth management. We aim to make portfolio management frictionless, enabling every investor to benefit from levels of customization and tax management that were once the exclusive preserve of ultra-high net worth investors. Our automated rebalancing workflow is used to manage over $50 billion, everything from custom-tailored $100 million taxable accounts to $5 robo accounts with fractional shares.
Our wholly owned subsidiary, Smartleaf Asset Management LLC (SAM), is a sub-advisory service that uses our software to make portfolio management frictionless for wealth advisors and their clients.
We are devoted to doing things right, bringing a fiduciary standard of care to all that we do.
About the Role
As Smartleaf's Marketing Manager, you will have an exceptional opportunity to be immersed in all marketing and communications functions of a progressive financial technology firm.
You'll be responsible for creating and deploying omni-channel marketing campaigns, conducting industry research, developing customer-facing content in a variety of mediums (e.g. blog and social media posts, presentations, ads, videos) and more.
You will report to the VP of Sales and Marketing and will also work closely with the company President and senior management in other areas of the business. You will be empowered to help create marketing communication strategy, propose improvements and new initiatives, provide oversight to interns from the Northeastern co-op program, and actively participate in project execution.
This Would Be a Good Fit If You:
- Enjoy designing and managing long-term marketing projects
- Have an exceptional eye for detail
- Have excellent writing and editing skills
- Are comfortable working closely with senior management and managing up
- Communicate professionally, both in writing and conversationally
- Have a desire to work on a diverse range of projects
- Are interested in learning key concepts of technology and wealth management
- A degree in marketing
- 3-10 years of brand building and MQL generation experience
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Word
Nice to Have Experience
- Financial Services, Wealth Management Industry Experience
- Adobe Creative Suite (especially InDesign and Illustrator)
- Google Analytics and Google Ads
What are the Logistics of Working Here?
This role is remote-friendly; core hours are 9 am - 5 pm EST. Let's talk about your needs and see what works.
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance with 100% of premium and deductible covered for employees and family (copay applies).
- SIMPLE IRA with 3% company match
- Three weeks PTO + NYSE holidays
- Flexible hours
If you are remote...
- All team meetings are by video conference.
- The team communicates by chat throughout the day. We collaborate using tools like Z-Chat, Google Meets and Zoom to ensure everyone is on the same page.
- At present, some team members have chosen to be in the office a few days a week while the majority are currently remote.
- We have invested a lot in our onboarding process and documentation and we are happy to have successfully onboarded several people entirely remote during the past year.
- Get to know your coworkers across the company by stopping by our periodic philosophy nights.
If you are local...
- Casual dress code
- Beautiful office space within a 15-minute walk of 4 subway lines and commuter rail
- Office shower for bike commuters
- Fully stocked kitchen with breakfast and lunch options. Plus, the opportunity to dazzle your coworkers with your barista skills
What is the Hiring Process?
- Email us at including:
- your resume
- writing samples
- a cover letter telling us projects you've enjoyed working on, what you want to get out of your next position and why you think you might be a good fit
- A brief chat
- Interviews (in person or remote) with members of the team
- A short test of your writing and editing skills (1 hour of your time)
You must have a legal right to work in the United States. Visa sponsorship is not available at this time.
More About Smartleaf
To learn more about Smartleaf and SAM, check us out at: and . If you'd like to know more about what you can expect in your first weeks on the job, or if you want to know more about how we adjusted to the pandemic, read more here.