About the job
Astonish Media Group is a well-regarded boutique strategic media agency based in Manhattan with more than 20 years of established media expertise. We are excited to welcome an Account Supervisor/Senior to head our public relations efforts on behalf of our clients. This is a remote position and ideal for someone who has experience managing multiple media campaigns and is keen to work independently and can be accountable to our client's needs. This candidate must have at least ten (10) years of professional PR experience and have relationships with media across a variety of verticals. As we take our journalism seriously at Astonish, a writing background is a huge plus for this candidate. We are a generalist firm, thus the best candidate is comfortable and confident with nearly any subject or product.
At Astonish, we take our name seriously. The bar is very high for our work, which means that the caliber of the work we produce, both in our internal and external communications, is critical to our reputation. We are a high-touch firm with our clients and we work well beyond the boundaries of a traditional PR firm. With clients being our #1 priority, PR campaigns at Astonish often include significant amounts of writing, thoughtful and careful strategy, and critical thinking to garner the competitive level of media we procure on a consistent basis.
Our Senior Publicist/Account Director will have grit and determination, a positive and upbeat attitude, paired with an interest in, and an unmatched, attention to detail. Below are further details about this job.
- Oversee client accounts daily
- Correspond with clients daily
- Write/draft press releases and pitch letters
- Pitching and placing media: print, digital, bloggers, influencer media, major broadcast, local broadcast, radio, familiar with social media campaigns
- Create agendas and recaps for client meetings
- Taking meticulous notes during client meetings
- Create campaign calendars
- Create and maintain client reports and quarterly Share of Voice reporting
- Escort clients when necessary for bookings, such as TV bookings and media desk sides
- Some travel when necessary
- Manage freelancers and interns
- A creative, skilled media relations professional with at least ten (10) years of industry experience, a proven track record of driving earned media outcomes, and a keen understanding of how to secure media coverage at all levels.
- Excellent writing and communication skills and preferably able to show published work as a writer
- Proven track record with major media outlets
- Solid national TV contacts is a must
- Broad range of contacts
- Media generalist who can move smoothly between lifestyle, home goods, healthcare and health tech media (for example)
- Ability to write lifestyle articles and trade articles for medical, tech, and health trades
- Think on your feet, take direction well
- Ability to be discreet
- Journalism background a plus
- Must have Linkedin, Instagram, Twitter accounts to promote client results
- Must be familiar with PR tools such as Meltwater or Cision and know how to both create and send out press releases to media lists
- Must have a college degree
- Work from home
- Flexible schedule, your schedule is your own but results must be there and your hours must be flexible
- You must make yourself available to respond to clients after work hours and on weekends when necessary
- Contractor position