Headquarters: Nashville, Tennessee, United States
The SEO Specialist will deliver timely results on recurring SEO projects targeting high-value e-commerce category pages and blog articles with the greatest ROI potential. For this role, we are looking for a dedicated and driven self-starter who can manage E-Commerce SEO projects for the highest value landing pages and oversee the implementation of technical SEO and keyword-driven content pipelines.
At our Marketing Director's guidance, the SEO Specialist will also work closely with developers and virtual assistants to execute pre-determined strategies for success.
Why work here?
WebLife is an eCommerce Management & Operations Team founded in 2008. Our vision is to make WeLife a vibrant, inclusive community where creativity, curiosity, and diversity flourish. Our ethos is "to leave things better."
WebLife is focused on understanding how e-commerce works and evolves by having the deepest possible understanding of online behavior. Since 2008, we have built a track record of success. We've done this by having great people operating in a culture of growth, ownership, and principles.
We translate that understanding into great portfolio companies and meaningful relationships.
Responsibilities and Duties
The responsibilities and duties of this position are as follows:
Research, Analysis & Planning
- Technical SEO:
- Audits, recommendations, and working with developers to implement
- Keyword research:
- Keyword matrix, strategy, keyword gap analysis for content marketing, and recommendations.
- On-page optimizations:
- Analysis of on-page SEO elements through page titles, meta descriptions, internal links, and semantic keywords.
- Content Analysis and Planning:
- Content audit, strategy, calendar, ongoing topic ideation, and page-level outlines.
- Audit & suggestions (Google Analytics, Tag Manager, Search Console, AHrefs).
- Link Building:
- Audit, strategy, and ongoing acquisition management; link placements; competitor research.
- Reporting and management:
- Be available to provide monthly in-depth reports and routinely meet on deliverables.
Management & Implementation
- Technical SEO:
- Work within expectations and follow best practices for assigning technical SEO work items to developers. Follow up on results.
- Content Pipeline (optimize for scalability):
- A) Follow a keyword-driven content strategy, targeting keywords that show a desirable mix of low to medium difficulty with medium to high monthly search volume.
- B) Follow a revenue-driven content strategy, targeting keywords that drive traffic to the highest revenue landing pages (regardless of monthly search volume or difficulty).
- Build a content creation team or utilize an existing online resource like SEOContentHero.
- Coordinate content creation planning based on ongoing analysis with data team & Marketing Director.
- Organize content briefs and workflow with VA teams.
- Link Building:
- Optimize systems for scalability and build a network with respected content sites.
- Recruit a link-building team.
- Coordinate link-building and planning based on ongoing analysis with the data team and Marketing Director.
- Organize workflow, manage VA teams in execution.
- Report on results of acquired links; schedule follow-ups with failed attempts.
To be considered for this position, the minimum qualifications are required:
- At least three (3) years of e-commerce experience working with either creative or technology teams.
- Intermediate knowledge of SEO contextual to e-commerce.
- Intermediate knowledge of technical SEO (HTML markup, canonical URLs, etc.) and the ability to assign technical SEO tasks to developers with clear instructions.
- Intermediate knowledge of Google's requirements and priorities for ranking pages, best practices for e-commerce, and known ranking signals.
- Ability to identify issues and make actionable recommendations based on your findings.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to thrive in a remote team environment where collaboration is key.
- Strong organizational skills and multitasking abilities.
- High attention to detail.
The following qualifications will aid in the hiring process but are not required:
- Five (5) or more years of SEO experience with an emphasis on E-commerce.
- Experience with AHrefs, Screaming Frog, DeepCrawl, SEMRush, Moz, or similar tools.
- Proficient in creating, interpreting, researching, and using insights from Google Analytics, Google Adwords, and AHrefs.
- Experience using project management tools to complete tasks on deadlines (e.g., Asana, Trello, or Monday.com).
- Experience with agile, sprint, and scrum project methodology.
- Knowledge of WordPress, WooCommerce, and Magento environments is a plus.
Job Type: Full Time
Schedule: Flexible hours, Monday-Friday
COVID-19 considerations: Remote position
Language: English (Required)
Work Remotely: Yes
Work Location: Multiple Locations
Hourly Range: $25 - $30
- Health Benefits for Full-Time Employees (Launching Q1 2022)
- Annual Team Retreat (In-Person)
- Semi-Annual Regional Gatherings (In-Person)
- Monthly Fitness/Wellness Reimbursement
- Active & Supportive Team Culture
- Fully Remote Team