You'll bring with you a rolodex of top-tier media connections and the desire to build new ones. As part of our team, you'll leverage those stellar relationships with producers, editors and reporters to help our clients secure brand-boosting, game-changing publicity.
You'll have a fantastic track record of garnering media placements across all channels for your clients, preferably across many different industry sectors, with the ability to grasp new vertices quickly and effectively.
As an Account Director, you'll report directly to the Chief Publicity Officer and manage 1-2 junior level and 1-2 mid-level team members. You'll have a genuine love of personal growth, connection and community. You'll get a real buzz from helping our clients publicize their brands, and your legendary organization skills will make balancing multiple diverse clients a breeze. This is a fully remotes.
- Managing the strategic initiatives of SCM's full service clients in a variety of industries to ensure a successful media relations campaign focused on exceptional client service and media results
- Leveraging your existing media relationships to garner national print, online, broadcast and podcast placements
- Nurturing your existing media relationships to continue leveraging ongoing placements
- Building fresh new relationships with top print publications, online publications and broadcast outlets
- Ensuring client satisfaction and that the whole team goes the extra mile for our clients and for each other
- Providing high-quality, strategic counsel for clients with minimal oversight
- Representing Super Connector through your social media channels and becoming a champion of the brand
- Managing direct reports and supporting their professional growth in PR and with SCM
- Participate in business development and proposals; incentivized to prospect new accounts which align with the company's mission and vision
- Bachelor's degree required
- 7-10 years experience at a public relations agency; additional experience in journalism a plus
- 2+ years managing teams, public relations campaigns and direct reports
- Experience working across several industry sectors, being able to pivot from one subject matter to another swiftly and effectively
- Significant roster of media relationships with national and local broadcast, print and online media and podcasts; ability to develop and foster new connections on a daily basis
- Proven success in securing national and local broadcast, print and online media
- Experience creating and leading strategy for product launches, book launches and executive visibility campaigns, etc.
- Experience creating and leading strategy for corporate communications initiatives which include crisis management, investor relations, IPOs, Series A-F Funding announcements, corporate partnerships, personnel changes, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with the team, clients, and external partners
- Impeccable writing, editing, grammatical, organizational, and research skills
- Ability to conduct research and present information in a succinct and well-written or well-spoken manner
- Experience with or ability to learn operations software such as Slack, ClickUp and Propel, Google Drive and Google's suite of tools (e.g., Sheets, Docs, Slides)
- Ability to independently manage account budgets and upsell where appropriate
- Must be a self-starter, self-motivated, and able to work independently/remote
- A positive attitude is a non-negotiable; enthusiasm for the team the work and the clients is paramount
- Must be able to manage a team remotely while instilling a sense of community and collaboration