About the European Climate Foundation
The European Climate Foundation (ECF) was founded in 2008 as a major philanthropic initiative to help tackle climate change by fostering the development of a low-carbon society at the national, European and global level.
We support over 500 partner organisations to carry out activities that contribute to the public debate on climate action, drive urgent and ambitious policy in support of the objectives of the Paris Agreement and help deliver a socially responsible transition to a net-zero emissions economy and sustainable society in Europe and around the world.
As towns, cities and countries around the world declare climate emergencies, seas rise, forests burn, glaciers melt, increasing numbers of people take to the streets demanding urgent action and our societies begin to wake up to what the science has been saying for many years, there has never been a more important time to be working on climate change.
About the role
We are seeking an exceptional Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) / Search Engine Marketing (SEM) specialist to join our remote team of campaigners and digital marketing specialists.
▪ Develop and execute successful SEO strategies aligned with wider network objectives.
▪ Determine and define project scopes and objectives.
▪ Coordinate planning, implementation, and evaluation of SEO interventions.
▪ Support alignment across projects involving multiple teams, and identify opportunities for collaboration.
▪ Manage a team of SEO support staff including content and editorial, and webmaster and reporting.
▪ Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan on behalf of the SEO team, including estimated capacity and resource needs.
▪ Work with the SEO team to ensure SEO best practices are properly implemented.
▪ Monitor project outputs and against agreed plans and strategies, and help team members to make adjustments as needed as scope and priorities change.
▪ Conduct keyword research to guide content teams.
▪ Review technical SEO issues and recommend fixes.
▪ Optimize website content, landing pages and copy.
▪ Report on data and traffic, rankings, and other relevant SEO metrics.
▪ Help prepare and track team budgets.
▪ Provide project updates to internal and external stakeholders when required.
▪ Facilitate team meetings and regular 121s.
▪ Provide management and development support as needed to team members.
▪ Recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords.
▪ Work with the content and editorial team to drive SEO in content creation.
▪ Oversee the implementation of link-building strategies.
▪ Provide guidance on external partner training and support activities.
▪ Oversee the work of all SEO project consultants and freelancers.
Experience and competencies
· Proven experience in an SEO/SEM specialist role.
· Solid understanding of performance marketing, conversion, and online customer acquisition.
· In-depth experience with website analytics tools (e.g, Google Analytics).
· In-depth knowledge of SEO tools (e.g. Ahrefs, SEMrush, SERanking).
· Knowledge of ranking factors and search engine algorithms.
· Knowledge of user experience (UX) and user interface (UI).
· Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in SEO and SEM.
· Strong organisational and leadership skills.
· Experience managing teams.
Preferred experience and profile:
· Significant proven experience as an SEO specialist, preferably in an agency or campaigning environment.
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English.
· High-level understanding of global climate and energy related issues.
· Excellent internal and partner-facing communication and negotiation skills.
· Strong attention to detail while maintaining an overview of the team’s projects and commitments.
· Demonstrated ability to complete projects in line with scope, budget, and timeline.
· Ability to proactively identify and mitigate risks, solve problems and resolve conflict effectively.
· Ability to coordinate and deliver and work with other team members.
· Comfortable working independently and as part of a remote, global team.
· Familiarity with project management software, remote working tools (such as Zoom, Google Suite, and Slack), methodologies and best practices.
· Understanding of digital marketing and campaigning, preferably in using digital for social change and advocacy campaigns.
What we offer
▪ The unique opportunity to work as part of a highly dynamic, international group of individuals who combine their passion to make a difference with a rigorous and results-oriented approach to work;
▪ A flexible work environment and a space to develop and challenge yourself;
▪ A full-time position with a consultant or employment contract (subject to location) for 12 months, with a possible renewal after one year.
Flexible within +/- 5hrs of GMT
Some international travel will be required. We may be able to provide co-working spaces in some locations.